Fishing Report Next trip to Burwell is to bring the boat home. 09-30--2023

hvyhaul

Burwell has changed big-time. (At least for me)

Figured the two of us would try shallow.

Not nearly as many marks and no cooperation.

Headed out to 44 and change, some marks, a little cooperation, but not enough.

Wandered out to 54, some action, nothing consistent, nothing large.

When the haze/fog cleared, holy crap there was a mess of boats out, all to the east of us.

Figured, ok, I'm curious as to the reason for the cluster, I'll go see. Trolled right through and out the other end east, didn't see much on the graph and might have picked up 2 or 3 for the effort.

Headed further out to 58, an older rewarding area, few marks and no cooperation.

Found a few areas that looked promising but nothing happened.

All in all I can't tell you what depth was best as nothing gave more than a couple. Going back over an area produced nothing more than what the first pass did.

Over 20 into the boat including a silver bass, all smaller than what has been caught for weeks, but I'm not going to complain based on the day.

Same dipsys, same spoons, set back according to depths of marks on the screen.

Here's a few pictures.

snryz (1).jpg
fog2.jpg
fog1.jpg
dahbx.jpg
myctz.jpg

Last edited:

When the haze/fog cleared, holy crap there was a mess of boats out, all to the east of us.

Figured, ok, I'm curious as to the reason for the cluster, I'll go see. Trolled right through and out the other end east, didn't see much on the graph and might have picked up 2 or 3 for the effort.

Headed further out to 58, an older rewarding area, few marks and no cooperation.

All in all I can't tell you what depth was best as nothing gave more than a couple. Going back over an area produced nothing more than what the first pass did.

Over 20 into the boat including a silver bass, all smaller than what has been caught for weeks, but I'm not going to complain based on the day.

Here's a few pictures.

Great job.

Dipseys and riggers where pretty quite yesterday! We had a crew who never wanted any fish??????? Put a dozen back kept a dozen. Two biggest will be smoked. The guy who booked the charter decided on the way in to keep 6 lol good we never thru them back. Fun day out only 2 small fish went back the rest were keepers but went back. Also a couple silvers for the smoker.

Attachments

• 20230930_124924.jpg
    20230930_124924.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230930_101808.jpg
    20230930_101808.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230930_083916.jpg
    20230930_083916.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 24
Dipseys and riggers where pretty quite yesterday! We had a crew who never wanted any fish??????? Put a dozen back kept a dozen. Two biggest will be smoked. The guy who booked the charter decided on the way in to keep 6 lol good we never thru them back. Fun day out only 2 small fish went back the rest were keepers but went back. Also a couple silvers for the smoker.
A crew that never wanted any fish @tailfeathers ?? 🤔 that’s “sooo” weird!! So,the crew just basically was paying for a boat ride,and to see the boat channel & the lake,etc.? lol 😂 Well,each their own,and it’s good that they had finally decided to take six walleye’s home. 🐟😋 Great report & a “Thumbs Up” 👍 right back to you Tom,in your 3rd photo. Enjoy the walleye fry to you all!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Here's a few pictures.

Nice catch @hvyhaul with great photo’s & fishing report. 👍 The weather looks fantastic for Lake Erie next week,and it’s good to know that there are still a few walleye’s left out there,for some of us to try and catch. Enjoy your walleye fry to you both,etc. 🐟🐟😋👍🙂

It was a really nice day on the water @Red Hering .

A little different needing to wear a heavy lined quilted shirt most of the day but fishing the last day of September was great.

There's more than enough gas for another trip in the boat so depending which day the boat gets pulled some time will be spent on a final hurrah.

It has been a very good year on the boat.

If needing to replace over half of the pre-tied leaders on the boat is an indication of the number of fish caught, a lot were caught.

Lost two lures of consequence during 2023 and thankfully both were replaced, one thanks to @jammer and the other to the creative artwork of The Neighbour. LoL (both work) 😁

Replaced quite a few treble hooks too so without any hesitation I have to say the tackle has definitely been tested.

Gave a huge amount of fish away to other neighbours, relatives and friends.

Few regrets other than the 2023 round is going to end. 🤗😁🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks