Newfoundland

scribe

We had a fantastic trip to Newfoundland fishing for cod and shark last month. Cod fishing was with Quidi Vidi Charters and is a real fun experience. Great for families too and cost is reasonable. It was topped off by what the owner guaranteed would be "the best fish and chips" you will ever eat. i highly recommend giving this a try if in St. John's. The beer next door at Quidi Vidi Brewery was incredible as well. We also went shark fishing at Hare Bay and caught a porbeagle shark with Hare Bay Adventures. The shark was tagged and released. Again, another great experience. Saw whales and puffins on both trips.

Attachments

• _DSC7065.JPG
    _DSC7065.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 130
  • _DSC7165.JPG
    _DSC7165.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 130
  • _DSC7820.JPG
    _DSC7820.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 130
Newfoundlanders are the best people in the world, wife worked with a large contingent of them in Cambridge. We have also been to the Rock, what a place. Nice you had a great time on the water and some good eats too. When we went I don't think I was ever able to clean my plate.

Also just got back and had a great cod fishing trip. Great people and agree the iceberg beer was very tasty and sitting on there deck at the brewery over looking the little inlet of fishing boats was awesome

Was there last week for my Sons wedding at Bell Island.Stopped at Quidi Viddi brewery. Iceberg beer is the best beer in the world.Been there three times in the past four years.Havent met a bad newfie yet.They are awesome people.
I love that Iceberg beer too

Doesn’t anyone drink,Newfoundland “SCHREECH” anymore?? 🤔 I thought that was the drink there in Newfoundland? 🧐 Or,is it now,Iceberg beers 🍻?? 🤔 Either way,CHEERS to All! 🥃 🍻👍🙂

Was also out to Newfoundland three weeks ago. We were booked with Quidi Vidi Charters as well but it was cancelled due to the 18 ft. seas! Yes, Iceberg is great beer!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks