NEM boat launch

meridian

Have only passed through Pt Bruce a couple of times .
Where is NORTHERIEMARINA, if I come in from the east on the lakeshore rd, hope to try there one day this week .
I've read a lot of good reports from there.

We are located at 3344 Bank St. Port Bruce. You will see signs as well and yes coming from the Aylmer way we are right at the bottom of the hill coming into Port Bruce on Left hand side. Hope to see you soon! :)

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

No drop box but Greg is out there at 5am, if your earlier we can just catch you on the way in.:)

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

Good to know we can get out as early as we want. I'm planning on buying a new boat that will be pushing the hauling weight on my van. Is your ramp a easy slope like turkey points? I usually been going to burwell with my aluminum 14' but if I get my new one i won't be going there anymore. I don't think I can even call that a slope! More like a drop off specially this year with the water being so low. I'm sure there's lots of ppl out here that don't look forward to that ramp [xx(]

I always have trouble getting my boat on the trailer down there.
The one upstream is better, dont know the name.

Hey Series if i can put a 24ft bayliner in there and get it out I,m sure you can too. The guys there are very willing to help you get it in and out. Last time i had it out for service i didnt have to get out of the truck Greg and his help did it all for me. The channel is a bit tight for sure but again they will help you out if you ask.

SeriesWinding...
What size boat are you getting? We have put in up to a 38ft Scarab no problem. Like Helmut said you won't need to get out of your truck as we put your boat in and out for you. No one puts there boat in themselves here:)we are always here to help. The ramp is a slope not a drop off. Hope to see you soon!

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

The other ramp in Burwell is at Big Otter Marina. The slope is certainly gentler than the ramp at Bradfield's. I haven't used Big Otter but I think I will give it a try the next time at Burwell.

I've had the 31' center console down to North erie before. No problems in or out with a 1/2 ton pick up.

Good people who will help you out if you have an issue.

Fisher-Price

I'm only buying a 18ft boat lol dinky toy comparison to many. The prob is I have a caravan. was told when I purchased it, it was rated for 3500lbs. But it's not that's only if it has factory tow pkg. It's really rated at 1800lbs everyone knows engineers list aprox 85% for saftey reasons. The boat + trailer is 2400lbs give or take. That's why I'm looking for nice ramps that have nice inclines. It is really nice to know worst case Greg would lend a hand.

Serieswinding.............the ramp @ northerie is not steep at all and the only thing thats is going to bother that caravan is coming out , with that being said there is probley enough of us regular customer at Greg and Sam's with 4x4 pickup and Greg and Sam having 4x4 as well ,dont think there would be any issues getting you out...........................apps

Ya definitly won't be a problem. We have lots of vans towing and yes we have 2 trucks here if you have a problem we will definitly get you out :D

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

HI happy to hear of your new TOY if it was my first launch I would not launch it anny where but at north erie as I know if there is an issue Gerg will solve it, very good guys and know what the hell they are doing they are the doc pros in my book

red.oak

I will have to come by. Seems like all there is to say is good things. I have only been to port Bruce once before after getting turned around in the fog. Had a basic compass that got me to shore but not where I planned lol. Had to stop in to refuel to make it back to burwell. Needless to say I have upgraded to a mark 4 with gps lol. Hope to see you all soon with my new boat. :D

Meridian I have launched at many many ramps all over Ontario and my advise to you is NOT TO LAUNCH AT NORTH ERIE MARINA.

If you do you will be spoiled forever.

I began launching there late last season and was amazed at the great servce these two people offered. You will have no problem launching and the speed at witch boat after boat is launched will amaze you. To your surprise you will also get the same service on the way out.
Hats off to these two young people.

quote:
Originally posted by Serieswinding

I'm only buying a 18ft boat lol dinky toy comparison to many. The prob is I have a caravan. was told when I purchased it, it was rated for 3500lbs. But it's not that's only if it has factory tow pkg. It's really rated at 1800lbs everyone knows engineers list aprox 85% for saftey reasons. The boat + trailer is 2400lbs give or take. That's why I'm looking for nice ramps that have nice inclines. It is really nice to know worst case Greg would lend a hand.

if i were in your situation i'd be far more concerned about towing that boat around than launching it. knowingly exceeding the towing capacity of an already marginal towing vehicle by at least 600lbs (probably more when you include gear, gas, food/beverages, etc) is just asking for trouble.

the tow package adds a bigger rad, oil cooling, transmission cooling, and i believe a stiffer suspension. you'll be killing your van slowly every time you tow the bigger boat without the extra cooling.

you may also want to look into insurance coverage while towing a trailer that exceeds your vehicles towing capacities.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks