Need a Favour

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Out here in the remote rural Ontario (Wardsville) we get none of the big city flyers in the mail. My wife is having a big birthday the end of the month
and I would like to get some King Crab legs for the family and have a surf and turf. If anyone sees them on sale or knows where I can purchase some please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

It's the little things in life that count. 45 years married this fall.

There are no crab legs in the flyers for this week that I can see from Metro, Loblaws, Superstore, Sobeys, Food Basics, No Frills or FreshCo. Grocery stores typically have them on sale for Christmas, New Years and sometimes Valentine's Day. I have bought Aquastar King Crab Legs from Loblaws in the past - about $40/500 g - they are frozen and not too bad. Likely not as good as from a seafood place such as @hvyhaul posted.

45 years is awesome!! Congratulations!!

It is awesome, I'm still not sure how she has done it.

Congrats on the anniversary. I always wanted to try one of the overnight fly ins. I haven't made 45 years yet (although I have served enough time to get out of good behavior for most crimes :)) one day.....

Looks like this is getting sidetracked a bit, it's not our anniversary but rather my wifes birthday. Thanks
to those that have responded.

Last edited:
Looks like this is getting sidetracked a bit, it's not our anniversary but rather my wifes birthday. Thanks
to those that have esponded.

Birthdays happen every year, but 45 together, that is notable. 👏🎉

Happy Birthday to your Mrs, hope your planned feast is off the charts. 🌻

Steelhead Food Co for sure
That’s where I would go in St. Thomas

@GPS I use a website reebee.com to search flyers. Put in your postal code to get local stores.

We don't get flyers either. There's also a phone app, handy sometimes when I'm in the store and think what I'm looking at is a good price. I'm not much of a coupon shopper, one store per day is usually more than I want to endure, however with the prices of food going nuts, its becoming a necessity, if I wanna have gas money for the boat,,,

@GPS I use a website reebee.com to search flyers. Put in your postal code to get local stores.

We don't get flyers either. There's also a phone app, handy sometimes when I'm in the store and think what I'm looking at is a good price. I'm not much of a coupon shopper, one store per day is usually more than I want to endure, however with the prices of food going nuts, its becoming a necessity, if I wanna have gas money for the boat,,,
@Mrs. Stomp swears by the Flipp app, https://flipp.com/home, which she uses to look up flyers and get the best prices. She doesn't use coupons so much, but screen shots from flipp for price matching (screen shots more dependable than wifi/internet in store). She says she easily saves $10-$20/week just through price matching, when shopping for a household of 5. As mentioned before, we also use PC Points extensively and they really pay off too.

@GPS The preview of next week's flyers is out today (sale prices start tomorrow) and I checked but no crab legs.

If you add a homemade anniversary cake to the festivities, you'll find Gay Lea butter on sale at Superstore for $3.99 / pound.

You order King Crab legs how often? Almost never - right? So - order directly from Alaska - shipped priorty shipping - given todays supermarkets prices - probably not a whole lot more. I have bought the Aquastar brand at the Supermarket - trying to watch when on sale at the Mrs. like periodically but you can't beat fresh - and given the occassion and the rarity of having it - SPLURGE - your Mrs. is worth it. There are a number of Alaskan shippers to choose from. You are sure to score some points. https://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/kingcrab.htm#King_Crab_Meat

Hahah okay
Homemade garlic shrimp goes great with crab legs and lobster tails 👍 lmao
But a substitute for… NO WAY!

You're right for sure wouldn't be even close to fresh crab legs with melted butter but as I'm currently spending $130-$150 a week in gas just to get to work and back prices like that make me shutter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks