Nanticoke

Fish Chaser

Anyone having any luck at the 5 mile or the Elbow? If so on what depth etc? Anyone getting any lakers yet? What about the end of the point?
Fish Chaser

Usually you need to wait till July for the better fishing out there, but you don't know unless you go

Check the fishing reports ;) there are fish out there -- but it's slow. I am going out there tomorrow for a little bit. Will let you know if things have improved since Monday.

Hey guys. Just a quick question. What is considered the "5 Mile?" I am familiar with the elbow, just checking what you mean by that. Cheers!

Anyone having any luck at the 5 mile or the Elbow? If so on what depth etc? Anyone getting any lakers yet? What about the end of the point?
Fish Chaser
Well we went out Friday night got 3 nice eyes and 2 bows and a half dozen silver bass all on spoons in 65 to 75 feet of water anywhere between 30 and 55 feet down, headed back out Sunday afternoon until it got too windy and got another small bow and an 8 lb. laker - both on spoons again. Not bad haul for 5 hours fishing total.

Well we went out Friday night got 3 nice eyes and 2 bows and a half dozen silver bass all on spoons in 65 to 75 feet of water anywhere between 30 and 55 feet down, headed back out Sunday afternoon until it got too windy and got another small bow and an 8 lb. laker - both on spoons again. Not bad haul for 5 hours fishing total.
Trolling ? Jigging?

Hey Foulhooker: That's a pretty cheeky response. They idea here is to share and help each other. Forget your foulmouth reponses!!!

Sorry I gotta agree with Foulhooker...

Way too much... Where's the fish?? Depth?? Color?? I'm taking my uncles cousin hairlipped sister out any details??

JUST GO FISHING... :/

you guys have alot of goto structure down there ...nanticoke shoal ...lighthouse....bluff bar...do all 3.....where are those dover tugs fishin walleye...

I agree Wave Runner, Jammer and Foulhooker with limiting the details, cause I've had and heard (ON Hear and other Forums) to many times on both hands where the net boy's are all over a location, cutting off us long liners..... If you think they don't lurk on these forum's then put out your HOT SPOT and see what happens the next time your out there....... But what really tells you good INFO is look at the views to reply's of a thread....

Cheers Bic.....

Sorry, I have to agree with @fishstalker.

@Fish Chaser did go fishing and gave a pretty complete fishing report afterwards so I think he deserves a civil answer to his questions.

Afterwards... Fantastic... JUST GO FISHING... I don't need anyones hotspot or gps coordinates... I like to hear about there day and look at pics... Helps me get threw the long stretchs when I can't fish...

I've heard all the reasoning... I live 3 hours away... SO?? If your going for the meat its a lot cheaper at the store... Take up knitting... lol... Rant over...

I understand @Bic4d and your argument but with all do respect @jammer, really???? Come on guys he never asked for anyone's hots pots or GPS coordinates. He's only asked fishing information in very general terms such as which myself and most others have asked on here countless times. We fish on one of the largest fresh water lakes in the world and if you perceive this guy's questions as a threat to your so-called hot spots then you must be insecure my friend. You don't want to give out any info that's your right but don't ridicule the guy just because he asked a simple question. He doesn't want to knit, he wants to go fishing.

I can and will help out any fellow sportsman the best I can to get on some fish without ever having to divulge exact spots. I believe I would find it very boring to read a fishing report that says I caught a lot of fish in Lake Erie today.... PERIOD. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm using him as a example and generalizing the board as a whole...

Me insecure??? Lmao...

I've taken complete strangers out and showed them the game when they've been in the market for a boat and accessories...

I'm highly approachable at launches and on the water and have even given out coordinates...

Your missing my whole point.... GO FISHING... If it's a slaughter... great... if it's a skunk... your still fishing...

These are MY thoughts and opinions... I'm not fingerpointing or trying to center anyone out...

Tight lines...

I understand @Bic4d and your argument but with all do respect @jammer, really???? Come on guys he never asked for anyone's hots pots or GPS coordinates. He only asked fishing information in very general terms such as which myself and most others have asked on here countless times. We fish on one of the largest fresh water lakes in the world and if you perceive this guy's questions as a threat to your so-called hot spots then you must be insecure my friend. You don't want to give out any info that's your right but don't ridicule the guy just because he asked a simple question. He doesn't want to knit, he wants to go fishing.

I can and will help out any fellow sportsman the best I can to get on some fish without ever having to divulge exact spots. I believe I would find it very boring to read a fishing report that says I caught a lot of fish in Lake Erie today.... PERIOD. :rolleyes:
Well said.

I have been fishing for walleye around the 5 mile for over 25 years and have used the same techniques to catch them (ripplin red fin black/silver). Sharing information doesn't mean anyone will/can get them all the time. I am sure the commercial guys read these posts but the fish don't stay in one spot. They roam around following bait fish so like all in all things information is useful but it doesn't mean instant success

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks