N&E lce fishing info.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Friends of mine to the north and east been drilling ice study as of late. He tells me Cooks bay at simcoe is good to roches point with 6-8inch of ice couple-few hundred yards off shore easy. Couchiching even better as far as fishable ice goes. Today he seen the renatal hunts out a good distance at port bolster.
Couple friends at bay of quinte managed to bring 27 eyes top side between the narrows and point ann. couple hundred yards off shore at best Using a swedish pimp and bait line/deadstick. I won't walk on ice thinner the 6inch they say it's LEAST 6. If your breaking trail walk softly&spud till YOU KNOW for sure otherwise fallow sled&wheeler tracks. I know this not LPbay info but it's fishing info I figure. I hope LPBAY hardens up enough..otherwise it's going to get costly heading north&east once or twice a week! That's what money is for any ways...FISHING!

Friends of mine to the north and east been drilling ice study as of late. He tells me Cooks bay at simcoe is good to roches point with 6-8inch of ice couple-few hundred yards off shore easy. Couchiching even better as far as fishable ice goes. Today he seen the renatal hunts out a good distance at port bolster.
Couple friends at bay of quinte managed to bring 27 eyes top side between the narrows and point ann. couple hundred yards off shore at best Using a swedish pimp and bait line/deadstick. I won't walk on ice thinner the 6inch they say it's LEAST 6. If your breaking trail walk softly&spud till YOU KNOW for sure otherwise fallow sled&wheeler tracks. I know this not LPbay info but it's fishing info I figure. I hope LPBAY hardens up enough..otherwise it's going to get costly heading north&east once or twice a week! That's what money is for any ways...FISHING!
Thanks for sharing this information @SIX-GRAND,especially on the tips for catching walleye’s and ice safety. (y) Also,any ice fishing report is good to me,especially this time of year as we are waiting for safe ice,and it is good to know that there are places where the ice fishing is going on.I usually like to stay local such as long point bay for ice fishing,but I was also thinking of trying Mitchell’s Bay,(Lake St.Clair) this year for the first time.Since I have moved recently,Lake St.Clair is a closer of a drive for me now,and the earlier I can get to my fishing destination,the better!! (y) LOL You are right about getting costly,the further you drive north & east.My pension will only allow me to drive short distances!! :cry::giggle: lol Good luck to your ice fishing season & please keep the ice fishing reports coming in & tight lines!! (y):cool:

Last edited:
I follow a guy on YouTube his channel is called The Blue Ice Report. He does daily ice reports from Gilford on Cooks Bay which are very helpful for guys like myself that do not live close enough to get their own eyes on the ice conditions. I hope this cold weather will finally stick around and give us some good ice on the Bay! Play safe out there if you do venture out on any ice, because no ice is safe ice!
Tight Lines JW

was out on Lake Simcoe - Gilford yesterday. Good ice all the way across. I wanted to fish out of Lefroy which is about 5km north towards Barrie off 5 and the commercial huts were still on shore and guys at the bait shop telling me it wasnt safe out of Lefroy yet.
Ended up going back to Gilford with a thousand others but ice was good - solid 6".....fishing ok early in about 22' but once the ice started making noise around 11 the place seemed to shut down.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks