Muskoka Lakes, Bass Fishing Update

Fish em All

We recently returned from a week of bass fishing near Bala Ontario. The fishing for smallmouth and largemouth bass was very good despite some less than ideal weather conditions. Using tube jigs, wacky rigs, and wacky jigs(with senko style baits) , most of our fish were caught in 8-12 feet of water. Main lake points, secondary points, and deeper weed edges all held a good numbers of large and smallmouth bass. Largest fish of the trip was 21.5 inch 6 lb largemouth bass that put up an incredible fight!!!

Some nice fish there!!! I like that area for bass as well. I was up on the french river sysytem a few weeks ago, 22'' smallmouth and a 24'' largemouth both on topwater poppers. Iam guessing the 24'' bass would be 8 lb ish?

well done. family live in that area and I know that the fishing can be hot and cold this time of year. a lot of big fish head to cooler/deeper water and can be difficult to find. cheers

Nice Bass!!,Fish em All,My wife & myself just got back from visiting relative`s,& we were also camping/vacationing at Arrowhead Provincial Park,and Loved the area.Not quite near Bala,but still in the Muskokas.We toured Huntsville,it is a very nice Town with a lot of Fishing area`s in the Lake`s and River`s near & in Town.I did not bring the Boat up with us on this trip(Scouting),BUT,we will be this Fall. Enjoy the rest of the Fishing Season`s.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks