Muskie May 3

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We fished the SLA Pike tournament today outta Sandboy Marina. Wind, rain, waves and cool temps made it an interesting day. Quite a few pike but our day was highlighted by this 38" muskie.

Awsome fish,looks like it's got some weight too. Great to keep seeing lpb muskies. I hope they become more common.

A musky always highlights a day fishing... nice.(y)

I think I know now why the Perch Fishing was Slow this past Ice Fishing Season, "JAWS" ( 38 Inch Muskie),was lurking around under the Ice,and likely spooking every Perch in the Inner Bay area!!:mad: LOL A Beautiful Muskie, all the way! Congratulations! :finger: By the way, how was the turn-out today for the SLA Pike Tournament? Thanks In Advance. I didn`t have a partner for the SLA Tournament Today,(He bowed out due to the weather),so I had also bought a Bluewater Anglers Salmon Derby Ticket awhile ago,(which runs till May 11/14),so I decided to Fish the Salmon Derby Today instead,(I don`t need a partner for the Salmon Derby), but it was also quite Windy & Wet, etc., to get out onto Lake Huron, Today. I will try to fish this Derby through the Week, if & when,the weather co-operates. All the Best, spilliard 1,the Rest of the Season`s.

Wow guess I need to upsize my landing net! Great fish! What do you like to use for leader material?

Jeff

Real nice fish and great photo. With the water being so cold I didn't think many fish would be caught.

Thanks guys! Red Hering, turn out was great, they had 26 boats. Real good for the weather that was forecasted. Duck Soup, yeah the water was 49F out there but we caught about 20 pike on the day. The majority of our fish were 3-4lbs. we ended up with 11.08lbs. The winning weight was 17lbs and change with the big fish at 13.5lb.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks