Minnows

Scotts

Lake Erie baits live bait status says no minnows. Any one know if Collins has any. Thanks.

I'd be interested in that recipe, please and thankyou
I use spears, you can use any form or slices.

I wet coat with Taylor's One Step and fry, or dust with Taylor's and lightly (thin) batter and fry.

Dip of your choice or hoover as is. ๐ŸŒป

Collins has been out for weeks. I picked up a scoop from old cut yesterday while getting gas and dill pickle fries
What did you buy first @Extra Virgin the dill pickle fries,or a scoop of minnowโ€™s?? ๐Ÿค” Asking for a friend!!
๐Ÿ˜™ lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ How did you make out perch fishing,after you picked up a scoop of minnowโ€™s? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

What did you buy first @Extra Virgin the dill pickle fries,or a scoop of minnowโ€™s?? ๐Ÿค” Asking for a friend!!
๐Ÿ˜™ lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ How did you make out perch fishing,after you picked up a scoop of minnowโ€™s? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Fries came first of course! North shore was definitely more difficult the last few days after the storm we had. The perch were scattered but still there. Not enough to fill the freezer or give away, caught enough for a meal for the family each trip out ๐Ÿ‘

Fries came first of course! North shore was definitely more difficult the last few days after the storm we had. The perch were scattered but still there. Not enough to fill the freezer or give away, caught enough for a meal for the family each trip out ๐Ÿ‘
I figured that much @Extra Virgin that the fries ๐ŸŸ came first!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‹ I am thinking ๐Ÿค” the same @Extra Virgin that the walleyeโ€™s & rainbowโ€™s will be scattered as well,(like your perch fishing has been),when I plan on fishing Lake Erie or Lake Huron the next time. Tight lines my friend & not too many ๐ŸŸ fries please!! They say that they are bad for us,and very fattening!! ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ˜ LoL ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

They say that they are bad for us,and very fattening!!
WHAT? Fries are fattening? Say it ain't soo_O

Bad for us? They say THAT about everything now. I'm old enough to remember the days when they were telling us, "eat a balanced diet that includes ALL 4 major food groups EVERY day." What are the 4 major food groups? Fruits and veggies. Grains. Dairy products, and proteins. If we followed what they're telling us today, we'd all die of starvation as it seems EVERYTHING we eat is now bad for us.

Don't eat this. Don't eat that....usually those things they're now telling us not to eat are things that 10-15 years ago they were strongly promoting and wanted us eating.....Now they're saying for example, don't eat red meat and cut the carbs out......THAT ain't gonna happen in my world for a couple reasons.

1) My dad was a butcher. I grew up on red meats, but also poultry, fish, and pork. Like everything else, moderation is the key...and I LIKE pasta and other high carb foods once in a while, but NOT every day. I've lost 30lbs since January of 2021, (not sure where I lost it but if you find it, you can keep it ;)) not because I changed my diet and cut things out of it, but because I ADDED more of a variety to it and the most important change I made was a simple one. When I feel full, I STOP eating. AND

2) I grew up in the 70's and 80's, when all those things they now tell us NOT to do, were not only accepted, they were encouraged, they were fun, they were healthy and considered a normal thing to do, ie eating what was then that "healthy well balanced diet," riding a bike without a helmet, drinking out of the hose, throwing pointed lawn darts instead of the rounded ones they use today, riding in the back of a pickup truck, street lights coming on meant get yer butt home, and I was taught, sometimes the hard way, what respect and discipline were all about.;)

I suppose, depending on who you ask, all of what I just said, makes me OLD. :ROFLMAO::oldman:๐Ÿ‘ด

Last edited:
Ended up using minnows I salted this spring. Fishing in front of Normandale, did ok but fresh would have been better.
I found Friday on the pier that I caught more with the salties than I did with the live minnows I was able to catch. (it was a challenge Friday to get live minnows, I think I had maybe 15 or 20 minnows at most and it took a long time to get'em with a lot of sorting with all the shad and perch fry that I was catching.)

Ended up using minnows I salted this spring. Fishing in front of Normandale, did ok but fresh would have been better.
Glad you got into some perch today. I used salted, day old dead and live minnows... They all equally produced, it was just an off weekend out there due to mother nature.

Tight lines my friend & not too many ๐ŸŸ fries please!! They say that they are bad for us,and very fattening!!
My rule of thumb has been very simple Red. Even though I've got the dad bod gut, I'm not worried since i can still see my package.... And I've got plenty of hammer to not worry about eating fatty food ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŸ๐ŸŽฃ

Glad you got into some perch today. I used salted, day old dead and live minnows... They all equally produced, it was just an off weekend out there due to mother nature.

My rule of thumb has been very simple Red. Even though I've got the dad bod gut, I'm not worried since i can still see my package.... And I've got plenty of hammer to not worry about eating fatty food ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŸ๐ŸŽฃ
lol ๐Ÿ˜† @Extra Virgin ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Thatโ€™s my (boy!!) โ€”Buddy!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Here something you can try.....Take a dill pickle, wrap bacon arround it ..pin it with a toothpick...and deep fry for about a minute...MMMGood...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks