Off Topic Meeting up with @Trevor M for a London Knights game last night at the Budweiser Gardens ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My wife and I met up with @Trevor M last night before puck drop,๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ… between the London Knights & the Kitchener Rangers. It was great to meet up with @Trevor M again,for it has been awhile. Once the puck was dropped to start the game,the goalโ€™s came in bunches,a total of 10 goals to be exact for the Knights for the win,and they are now
View attachment IMG_2566.mov
View attachment IMG_2571.mov
on a 14 game winning streak,and in top spot now in the Ontario Hockey League ( OHL ). A โ€œWOOOโ€ ( video ), from Mitch Marner,( ex-Knight ), on the big screen,every time that the Knights had scored. It was a penalty filled,( 27 total ),game in the 3rd period,and these two teams apparently just donโ€™t get along! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ The final score was 10-3,for the Knights,and thatโ€™s all that matters if you are a Knights fan! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ Hoping @Trevor M that we can meet up again for another hockey game or two at the Budweiser Gardens,before the fishing season starts. Oh,and by the way, would you mind wearing another jersey the next time,instead of that Blue & White jersey that you had worn last night!! LOL ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ !! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wonโ€™t wear my Montreal Canadiens jacket the next time,where you had put your middle finger at the Canadiens logo,( last photo), to show your dislike to my favourite NHL team! lol ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Oh,and by the way, would you mind wearing another jersey the next time,instead of that Blue & White jersey that you had worn last night!!
Me being at the game last night was a Christmas gift from my wife. She wouldn't get me a ticket herself, but she did give me the money to get it so I could choose which game I wanted to go to. I thought this might be a good one. I wasn't disappointed.

It was great to see you again and meet your wife last night Red. Sorry but that's the ONLY Jersey from any sports team that I own, and that's the first time since my wife gave it to me for Christmas in 2016 that I've worn it outside the house. (Yep wore it especially for you and was happy that your wife approved ;):ROFLMAO:)

Might see if the Armory has a Knights jersey that I can afford that fits me in the future or maybe I'll get a Knights ball cap, but since I had such a good time last night, my wife has given me the ok to go to 5 more games between now and the end of the regular season IF I can get tickets, so that'll be my first priority.

I'm going to try to get that taken care of tomorrow using money I was given for Christmas for "fishin stuff," since I won't even realistically think about goin fishin until probably late April or early May at the earliest and with any luck I'll come home tomorrow morning with tickets for the 5 games I'm hoping to get to.

The view from my seat last night behind the Kitchener net in the first and third.

Attachments

• One of Kellys Christmas presents to me London Knights vs Kitchener Rangers Jan 20 2024 London ...jpg
    One of Kellys Christmas presents to me London Knights vs Kitchener Rangers Jan 20 2024 London ...jpg
    81 KB · Views: 19
  • One of Kellys Christmas presents to me London Knights vs Kitchener Rangers Jan 20 2024 London ...jpg
    One of Kellys Christmas presents to me London Knights vs Kitchener Rangers Jan 20 2024 London ...jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
Me being at the game last night was a Christmas gift from my wife. She wouldn't get me a ticket herself, but she did give me the money to get it so I could choose which game I wanted to go to. I thought this might be a good one. I wasn't disappointed.

It was great to see you again and meet your wife last night Red. Sorry but that's the ONLY Jersey from any sports team that I own, and that's the first time since my wife gave it to me for Christmas in 2016 that I've worn it outside the house. (Yep wore it especially for you and was happy that your wife approved ;):ROFLMAO:)

Might see if the Armory has a Knights jersey that I can afford that fits me in the future or maybe I'll get a Knights ball cap, but since I had such a good time last night, my wife has given me the ok to go to 5 more games between now and the end of the regular season IF I can get tickets, so that'll be my first priority.

I'm going to try to get that taken care of tomorrow using money I was given for Christmas for "fishin stuff," since I won't even realistically think about goin fishin until probably late April or early May at the earliest and with any luck I'll come home tomorrow morning with tickets for the 5 games I'm hoping to get to.

The view from my seat last night behind the Kitchener net in the first and third.
I like watching the Knights play against Kitchener in Kitchener.
Itโ€™s great to wear knights apparel at the away games ๐Ÿ‘

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That last picture that you added. I didn't think you'd put that one up since I was making no secret of what I think of THAT team on THAT jacket you're wearing. That jacket just doesn't go with either of our jersey's Red. SOOOOOOOO glad you took the damn thing off. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like watching the Knights play against Kitchener in Kitchener.
Itโ€™s great to wear knights apparel at the away games ๐Ÿ‘
That jersey I'm wearing in the pics Red posted is the ONLY jersey I own for any sports team. I told my wife that since I'm using Christmas "fishin stuff" money I was given by her, my mom and my MIL and her bf to get Knights tickets for 5 more games (IF I can for the games I want to go to) instead of using it for "fishin stuff" since I won't be fishin or even thinking about fishin for at least another 3 months or so, that when I get paid a week from Monday, IF they have a Knights jersey that I can afford and that'll fit me I might pick one up and IF I can get one, that'll take care of all the Christmas money I was given this year.:)

She said, ๐Ÿคจ"ok, if that's what you wanna do."

That jersey I'm wearing in the pics Red posted is the ONLY jersey I own for any sports team. I told my wife that since I'm using Christmas "fishin stuff" money I was given by her, my mom and my MIL and her bf to get Knights tickets for 5 more games (IF I can for the games I want to go to) instead of using it for "fishin stuff" since I won't be fishin or even thinking about fishin for at least another 3 months or so, that when I get paid a week from Monday, IF they have a Knights jersey that I can afford and that'll fit me I might pick one up and IF I can get one, that'll take care of all the Christmas money I was given this year.:)

She said, ๐Ÿคจ"ok, if that's what you wanna do."
I donโ€™t have a knights jersey but I have a couple sweaters and hats!
I also have my Leafs Marner Jersey I would love to wear to a knights game with @Red Hering

and Slancy has Tavares.. so she could wear that to the knights game as well ๐Ÿคฃ

We got Mayday a tiny Matthews Jersey ๐Ÿคฃ

I also have my Leafs Marner Jersey I would love to wear to a knights game with @Red Hering

and Slancy has Tavares.. so she could wear that to the knights game as well ๐Ÿคฃ

Sounds like a fun night out @Derkd9 to go to a Knights game. Everybody on your side sounds like that they have their jerseys and they are ready to go! ๐Ÿ‘ It would be nice to be able to get 4 or 5 tickets together to go to a game. Those Knights tickets this time of year go fast,as the regular season is winding down,but I guess that anything is possible,if anyone tries to get the Knights tickets early enough. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like a fun night out @Derkd9 to go to a Knights game. Everybody on your side sounds like that they have their jerseys and they are ready to go! ๐Ÿ‘ It would be nice to be able to get 4 or 5 tickets together to go to a game. Those Knights tickets this time of year go fast,as the regular season is winding down,but I guess that anything is possible,if anyone tries to get the Knights tickets early enough. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
We can get some right away when the playoff tickets release

We can get some right away when the playoff tickets release
I'm NOT gonna push my luck with my wife. She's said ok to me going to 5 more games IF I can get the tickets, but I think I'll just watch the playoff games on TV. She worries about me and although she's said "ok" she's not all that pleased that for at least two of the games I'm hoping to get a ticket for I won't be getting home until maybe 10:30-11:00pm (those two games start at 7pm)

I think she got my jersey for me at Lens Mill Store in 2016. No name or number on it anywhere which suits me fine. It's about the crest on the front, not the name on the back. ;)

Got my tickets for 5 more games. ๐Ÿ˜

Peterborough this Friday, Erie on the 2nd, Windsor on Family Day, Kitchener again on Mar 9th , and Guelph on the last day of the reg season.

Got my tickets for 5 more games. ๐Ÿ˜

Peterborough this Friday, Erie on the 2nd, Windsor on Family Day, Kitchener again on Mar 9th , and Guelph on the last day of the reg season.
I looked I can get tickets.. but only single seats available

I looked I can get tickets.. but only single seats available
That's all I needed was a single seat so I spent more time driving there and back home than I did actually getting and paying for the tickets. Told her where I wanted to sit and less than 10 minutes later I walked out of the Armory with tickets to those 5 games and the information I requested regarding jersey prices, and yes, they do have them in my size, but that'll have to wait until I get paid next week and I'll decide whether or not I'll get one depending on how much I have left after paying bills and helping with the groceries. (Jersey's are approx $140 she said. ball caps are around $40 depending on style)

That's all I needed was a single seat so I spent more time driving there and back home than I did actually getting and paying for the tickets. Told her where I wanted to sit and less than 10 minutes later I walked out of the Armory with tickets to those 5 games and the information I requested regarding jersey prices, and yes, they do have them in my size, but that'll have to wait until I get paid next week and I'll decide whether or not I'll get one depending on how much I have left after paying bills and helping with the groceries. (Jersey's are approx $140 she said. ball caps are around $40 depending on style)
Glad to read @Trevor M that they have your Knights jersey size! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚,( in Triple XXX ?) ๐Ÿค” lol ๐Ÿ˜† sorry ๐Ÿ˜ž I shouldโ€™ve wrote that,my friend,but itโ€™s all for fun ๐Ÿคฉ!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Toronto jerseys are less money than the Knights jerseys!! lol ๐Ÿ˜ Okay,I will stop now,and I am driving home now,after running some errands,and enjoying a McCafe at this moment. โ˜•๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2582.jpeg
    IMG_2582.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 1
Glad to read @Trevor M that they have your Knights jersey size! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚,( in Triple XXX ?) ๐Ÿค” lol ๐Ÿ˜† sorry ๐Ÿ˜ž I shouldโ€™ve wrote that,my friend,but itโ€™s all for fun ๐Ÿคฉ!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
No worries. My dad "picks" on me about my belly all the time. Sometimes so does my wife, and as you've seen, I pick on me because of the belly all the time. ;) Remember, I named that thing between my chest and my belt "THE BEAST" because when it growls, :nailbiting: that's a scary thing and people run away screaming and actually you were close XXL. But, I should shut this thing down and get my butt in gear.

Promised my wife I'd knock the snow off the top of the shed today and then do the little bit of laundry that needs to be done, and I've had ribs marinating for 3 days now that we're having for supper. ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค that I'll have to deal with a little later, and so far the ONLY thing I've done other than taking her to work today was going to get my tickets.๐Ÿ˜;):ROFLMAO:

IF that's all I do today, I'll be in trouble and she might rip'em up on me as "punishment" for not doing :nailbiting: "the list"

Last edited:
Well, since Red specifically asked me NOT to wear my blue and white Leafs jersey to the game tonight, I thought I'd wear this instead. It's NOT blue and white and it's NOT a jersey. Just a black and white sweater that just happens to have the Leafs Logo on it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 0122241421-00.jpg
    0122241421-00.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
But then earlier today, my wife and I were out and since I was considering getting a Knights Jersey on Monday to use up the last of the money I was given for Christmas, we went today and get one, so I'll be wearing this instead. I didn't have quite enough to cover it but she said I can pay her the difference on Monday when I get paid. I wanted the black one with the alternate logo on the front but they only had it in a size that was 2 sizes too big for me. I'm not a small man, but that thing sure made me look small when I tried it on๐Ÿคช

I'll think about getting a black one later in the year when they might have some in my size in stock again.

Is this better for me to wear Red? ;):ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• London Knights Jersey from Kelly for Christmas 2023.jpg
    London Knights Jersey from Kelly for Christmas 2023.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks