Fishing Report Massasauga Provincial Park Fishing + Camping Oct 14/15

For sure I agree, I struggled to catch them, I put some good hours and effort in to catch those… it’s certainly not like Lake Erie. I also agree with keeping spots secret to a degree, and hate posting on the internet about catching fish because you always have the possibility of people abusing the resource, especially now a days with some of the fish finders out there.. I can’t imagine how much easier it would have been with something better than a typical 2D fish finder. I release a lot if not all of my fish in a smaller fishery like that typically, but if I was going to keep some I suggest a selective harvest and to respect the resource, it’s not infinite!

Also the bears are a scary possibility for sure! Ahaha plus there’s always the possibility of an Massasauga rattler
A great attitude @Fishermanpaul about a select harvest on keeping some fish,and to also respect the resource. 👍🙂 That campsite in your photo,( where your boat is tied up to a tree,if it is your campsite), looks like bear 🐻 habitat there with all of that dense brush!! I likely wouldn’t have slept that night,knowing that there could be a bear roaming around!! lol 😂 The Massasauga rattler should be in hibernation by now,and I am just guessing on that one. 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 6
A few more pics
Amazing photo’s and post @Fishermanpaul about your trip,with some great fishing as well! 👍🙂 such like @Octavius Brine I didn’t wanted to post about the Massasauga Provincial Park,( that’s why it took me a couple days days to post this),for it is one of our favourite places to go to,but it has been a few year’s now,that my wife and I have gone camping & fishing,hiking,etc. there. My wife and I have been fishing/camping other inland lake’s occasionally up North as well. But,just the other day before your post,my wife mentioned the Massasauga P.P. to me,about a fishing/camping trip there again,and hopefully next year. I know the spot where you both were fishing and camping at, @Fishermanpaul and were the game warden’s watching you?? 🤔 Hint,hint!! lol 😂 😉 I hope that I am not “hy-jacking” your post,and if so I apologize,for I just wanted to show to you/girlfriend and member’s on @stomp right now some photo’s of the Massasauga P.P., from the past when my wife and I had enjoyed it there. I will hold off our photo’s of fish that we had caught there on our past trip’s! lol 😆 😉 Photo’s of the rock formations there were amazing to see,while we were fishing in the area within the Massasauga P.P. 👍 If we weren’t camping especially in the Fall,we would rent a cabin in that area,but unfortunately,one of our favourites,Sunset Point Cottages are no longer in business there. This cottage rental business was sold a while ago. It was a great place to rent & very convenient to unload our belongings to the cottage,( drive up ),that we would rent for a week,for a couple of times a year. Dockage for my boat was right in front of the rental cottage. 🚤👍 I hope that the Moon River Stocking Program is still going on,( it was back then ), and if so,the fishing there should still be good for now,and for future generations to enjoy. 🤞 Tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤 🛶 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpeg
    IMG_1961.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1957.jpeg
    IMG_1957.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1954.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1955.jpeg
    IMG_1955.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1943.jpeg
    IMG_1943.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1963.jpeg
    IMG_1963.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1945.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 19
Amazing photo’s and post @Fishermanpaul about your trip,with some great fishing as well! 👍🙂 such like @Octavius Brine I didn’t wanted to post about the Massasauga Provincial Park,( that’s why it took me a couple days days to post this),for it is one of our favourite places to go to,but it has been a few year’s now,that my wife and I have gone camping & fishing,hiking,etc. there. My wife and I have been fishing/camping other inland lake’s occasionally up North as well. But,just the other day before your post,my wife mentioned the Massasauga P.P. to me,about a fishing/camping trip there again,and hopefully next year. I know the spot where you both were fishing and camping at, @Fishermanpaul and were the game warden’s watching you?? 🤔 Hint,hint!! lol 😂 😉 I hope that I am not “hy-jacking” your post,and if so I apologize,for I just wanted to show to you/girlfriend and member’s on @stomp right now some photo’s of the Massasauga P.P., from the past when my wife and I had enjoyed it there. I will hold off our photo’s of fish that we had caught there on our past trip’s! lol 😆 😉 Photo’s of the rock formations there were amazing to see,while we were fishing in the area within the Massasauga P.P. 👍 If we weren’t camping especially in the Fall,we would rent a cabin in that area,but unfortunately,one of our favourites,Sunset Point Cottages are no longer in business there. This cottage rental business was sold a while ago. It was a great place to rent & very convenient to unload our belongings to the cottage,( drive up ),that we would rent for a week,for a couple of times a year. Dockage for my boat was right in front of the rental cottage. 🚤👍 I hope that the Moon River Stocking Program is still going on,( it was back then ), and if so,the fishing there should still be good for now,and for future generations to enjoy. 🤞 Tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤 🛶 🎣🐟👍🙂
ahah no game wardens watching me... or so I knew of ahaha... also how long have you guys been going to the park? love seeing your photos and staying in a cabin with a dock would be amazing! Also at some point you'll have to show me some of your catches from up there! Also nice to know there's stocking there, it seems fairly pressured... when I was fishing there was 6-7 other boats or kayaks on the lake and I am sure people do take enough fish out of there... but no one else was catching anything so they didn't that day ahaha

ahah no game wardens watching me... or so I knew of ahaha... also how long have you guys been going to the park? love seeing your photos and staying in a cabin with a dock would be amazing! Also at some point you'll have to show me some of your catches from up there! Also nice to know there's stocking there, it seems fairly pressured... when I was fishing there was 6-7 other boats or kayaks on the lake and I am sure people do take enough fish out of there... but no one else was catching anything so they didn't that day ahaha
PM send to you @Fishermanpaul & @Octavius Brine 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks