marine mechanic

rock1

Looking for a Yamaha marine mechanic for a F115 any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

What year is it and what is your concern with your F115? Might help someone point you in the right direction.

Hello, It's a 2000 and it stalls when you come off of plane .It will troll all day sometimes and the next time out the stalling starts.I have have it to two different mechanic's with no luck. New injectors ,fuel filters have checked the low idle sensor and still the same issue.

I don't know where you are but try calling Maple City Marine. They deal with Yamahas. Good people and good Mechanics!

It could also be the throttle cut out switch if it’s out of adjustment due to a stretched throttle cable.

I'm not sure of your location but Bluesky Marine in New Hamburg is a Yamaha dealer and I know a lot of guys that use them for their non Yamaha outboard repairs including myself. Good luck
Welcome @Pickled herring and I love your handle,👍and I love eating a jar of those pickled herring’s,whenever the chance arrives! 🐟 🐟😋 lol 😂 😉 Enjoy the Channel 68 forum,for it has great member’s & information on fishing,etc., tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤 🎣 👍🙂

Last edited:
I recommend checking your IAC for an issue like that.

“The Marina Guy” is outside of Priceville. He redid the carbs on my buddys f90. Really good job and informative.

Have you checked the gas line to see if the inside is collapsing or separated? Ethanal in the gas deteriorates the hose over time and small pieces of rubber break off inside and or the inner lining will collapse cutting of the fuel supply.

Pretty easy check to see if its the boats fuel system by hooking up a temporary portable tank to see if it solves the issue. Anti siphon valve, primer bulb or fuel line could be malfunctioning or deteriorating so the engine will run fine at idle and full throttle then stall out as you slow because there isn't enough fuel being supplied to keep the engine running when you slow.

Idle set too low can cause also cause engines to stall when coming off full throttle.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks