Marine batteries

twodogs

Just disovered that 1 of my boat batteries is pooched. Curious to find out what deep cycle batteries the forum members prefer and best place to buy them.

Thanks Ron

Just disovered that 1 of my boat batteries is pooched. Curious to find out what deep cycle batteries the forum members prefer and best place to buy them.

Thanks Ron
I got Nautilus from Canadian Tire group 31 deep cycle for trolling motor and group 27 cranking for main and one for kicker
For the price they are good batteries
But everyone will have their favorite also based on your budget
If the battery that's pooched is for your trolling motor with the other one that is still good for 24 volt system I recommend you replace both

This year I am making significant upgrades to the 2 year old Lund. I posted earlier in the spring to get advice on new trolling motor and ff. Went with the terrova ipilot link and helix 9 mega SI. Listened further and got the swivel ram mount for the ff. Wanted to share a location for agm batteries. Great Northern Battery in Hamilton sells seconds. These are fully function but have a visual defect. I picked up 2 95 amp hour agms for $350 all in (taxes and replacement core surcharge). They have the 100 amp hour ones for same price but as a larger battery I did not think I could make it work. And yes all batteries are not created equal but even if I only get a few seasons out of these well worth the investment.
If it is for the electric troller try these guys. If it is for crank maybe give them a call prices are good..

I've had good luck with Kirkland deep cycle batteries from Costco.
I'm sure they don't last as long as some AGM's, but for $130 each I have been really happy.

Some good information here guys.Thank you. I found an old post from 2017 that Duck Soup started. There was some good info there as well. I'll keep listening as Ticker says I should perhaps replace both.
Thanks Ron

Dundas Automotive in London sells Interstate batteries for great prices for acid core or AGM. This is just a small list of marine batteries he has available. He has any brand you want.

Dundas Automotive in London sells Interstate batteries for great prices for acid core or AGM. This is just a small list of marine batteries he has available. He has any brand you want.

Thanks Wave Runner. I may call him. Are the 68 decals for sale yet?
Ron

We at North Erie Marina are a big believer in Interstate batteries. We sell brand new (not refurbished) for $130 a piece. Give us a call if we can help you out 519-630-4881.

Thanks!
Thanks Greg. Are these deep cycle? Are you open tomorrow?
Ron

X2 in Kirkland deep cycle. Year 3 on one I bought for my trolling motor and it still holds a full charge and lasts for days.

Ask at the automotive centre, however my Costco said to order online and I believe you can pick up at Costco

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks