Maitland Walleye Report Yesterday

Fish Farmer

Was out yesterday from 6;30 till I got blown off at 3 pm.
Ended the day with 5 nice Walleye.
Caught near Mohawk Pt. in close 21 to 25 FOW was my catch zone.
White Harness 200' back flat lining with a 2 oz snap did the trick.
Soon as the wind picked up the fish vanished. I was the last boat there fighting the white caps.Yest1.JPG

Yest3.JPG
Yest2.JPG

Soon as the wind picked up the fish vanished. I was the last boat there fighting the white caps.View attachment 59667

View attachment 59668
View attachment 59669
Hi Dave- Great catch! Are you using Mono or Braid for main line? Thanks Walleyeman and congrats!

Dave you have been quite. Been waiting for your reports. Looks like fish are coming around lake quick. Looks like they are turning the corner on south shore from Buffalo to port.

Soon as the wind picked up the fish vanished. I was the last boat there fighting the white caps.View attachment 59667

View attachment 59668
View attachment 59669
Great photo’s @Fishfarmer and walleye’s of course!! 👍👍 and it’s nice to see your face again,since the ice fishing season on long point bay. Just a question my long time friend,would you mind sending some of your walleye’s to the west please!! Just kidding!! We have lots of walleye’s here,and just starting recently in Port Burwell,and heading all the way to the west of Lake Erie to Erieau. Enjoy your walleye fry!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Hi Dave- Great catch! Are you using Mono or Braid for main line? Thanks Walleyeman and congrats!
Most of my rods now I run braid with a mono or flora leader, braid I use is in the neighbour hood of 50 to 65 lb. test.
I let my line out very slow as not to get a snag, but sometimes it happens taking my eyes off the finder and end up a little shallow.:eek::banghead::D

Great photo’s @Fishfarmer and walleye’s of course!! 👍👍 and it’s nice to see your face again,since the ice fishing season on long point bay. Just a question my long time friend,would you mind sending some of your walleye’s to the west please!! Just kidding!! We have lots of walleye’s here,and just starting recently in Port Burwell,and heading all the way to the west of Lake Erie to Erieau. Enjoy your walleye fry!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂
That was my first trip there this year Erich, I want to get back out sometime this week again, those Walleye don't last long in my place with the kids and grand kids wanting fish fries. I say kids their in the 35 to 50 age.:D:D.
Good luck Erich if you get out.

Dave you have been quite. Been waiting for your reports. Looks like fish are coming around lake quick. Looks like they are turning the corner on south shore from Buffalo to port.
Few reports from some buddy's they weren't getting anything, I couldn't wait any longer, getting antsy.:D:D
Haven't been out much doing deck fixing and yard work.
But tomorrow could be a different story, I may have been just lucky.
I hope it's only going to get better.

That was my first trip there this year Erich, I want to get back out sometime this week again, those Walleye don't last long in my place with the kids and grand kids wanting fish fries. I say kids their in the 35 to 50 age.:D:D.
Good luck Erich if you get out.
Thanks 🙏 pal @Fish Farmer It is nice to see fishing report’s finally coming from out of Port Burwell as well,and it is a long swim for the walleye’s all the way there to Port Burwell from Erieau. Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! to you to the rest of your fishing season near Mohawk Point. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Nice catch. It was tough to get that at any time last season out there. Didnt try off the fingers yet?

Nice catch. It was tough to get that at any time last season out there. Didnt try off the fingers yet?
I was off the fingers Monday along with five or six others, didn't see any nets moving. Fishing trolly was dropping nets out there. Lots marking, nothing eating.

I was at lower fingers on Sunday we got 2 it was a struggle both came in on 20jets. We went out yesterday back to fingers and nothing fired so reeled up everything and went for a long boat ride lol SE of tecumseh in 80 to 90 fow..set up harnesses down 50 to 80 ft all fired we ended up with 4 eyes and 3 bows in a couple hrs. Got chased off by the heat and biting bugs plus a commercial boat layed nets on top of me not nice😡..here some pics 20220704_171149.jpg20220704_111354.jpgand my share of harvest ..father in laws buddy dont like cleaning bows 🙄🤣🤣

@Fish Farmer Did you see me at all? Green and black boat around the island?
Yes I saw you when you went by me near Rock Pt. I thought that was you. Then I didn’t see after that, I trolled between the island and shore then over between Mohawk Pt and the island, there was a couple others there. How did you make out Wildfire?

Yes I saw you when you went by me near Rock Pt. I thought that was you. Then I didn’t see after that, I trolled between the island and shore then over between Mohawk Pt and the island, there was a couple others there. How did you make out Wildfire?
One big bass, a couple of small ones, a big old farm animal and a couple of gobies.

Not the result I was hoping for but better than nothing.

Great reports guys, hard to believe but tomorrow will be my first of many days out there.
Starting in Maitland tomorrow. Then Burrell when I get back from camping and fishing in Sweden next week. Will be fishing with this club on the Baltic Sea
Lady Erie here I come,,,,,,,

Attachments

• FC58B978-1579-4663-8442-F4E30683828E.png
    FC58B978-1579-4663-8442-F4E30683828E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 31BB3222-32D1-4713-8312-F081E8314181.png
    31BB3222-32D1-4713-8312-F081E8314181.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks