Maitland Walleye Report July 10

Fish Farmer

Got out of Maitland on the water before 6 am and off around 7 pm. caught 4 Walleye the first hour and half then nothing after, they had shut down. I was marking lots of fish on the screen but who knows what they were. I spot locked on one spot and jigged up Sheephead after another.
I was fishing same spot as last week and same setup.

Attachments

• 67917589270__75EFE29F-91BF-4F17-812E-2688536DA2E6.JPG
    67917589270__75EFE29F-91BF-4F17-812E-2688536DA2E6.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 159
  • 67918480438__3A9FE83B-3DA3-4989-8B6A-5BFD8F9FD596.JPG
    67918480438__3A9FE83B-3DA3-4989-8B6A-5BFD8F9FD596.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4505 (1).JPG
    IMG_4505 (1).JPG
    273 KB · Views: 127
  • Harness and Wieght.JPG
    Harness and Wieght.JPG
    471.4 KB · Views: 150
Way to go Dave 👍 Its looking good from Wednesday and forward. I plan on going out each day and hopefully you get out and we can work together for boxes of eyes 😃🍻🎣
Thanks Dave, I'm thinking Thursday will be my goto day. I might give between Grants Pt and Low Pt. a shot where I had good luck last year in close.
We'll keep in-touch.
Jigging up Sheephead, co ordinates please. :cool:
You want to know to much, you leave those Sheephead to me Spiel. (y):D:D
That screen looks a lot like mine from Glasgow Friday. Never marked so many fish that wouldn’t hit in my life. Way to get into a few, it should only get better!
Ya I hope so. Did you notice my screen did you see my glass screen is coming off around the edges, don't know why.
I called the repair guy in North Bay, he said if it does come off, try and glue it some how, he said keep using it till it gives up.
He had a few people say they get air bubbles around the edge. Maybe time to dig into the pocket again, my next will be a 9.
Way to go @Fish Farmer I just love your work ethic and determination, your the "king of hot" no question. 🤩 If I ever went out there fishing for 13 hours in the summer heat they would need to call 911 to peel me out of the boat. :giggle: Nice fish and photos. 👍
That's why some of my buddies don't want to go with me Wave Runner,:D my day is to long for them, I can't be bothered for a half day fishing unless I get blown off or what ever.:cry::cry:, the old saying one last cast(y)(y), I not a Judge Judy fan to go home early, plus the way the Tiger Cats are playing,:eek::mad: I won't be watching them either(y):D
Good luck Wave Runner if you get out bud.
For the love of god………….. 13 hours???????

Hats off to you, Sir…. I would have chewed the steering wheel off. Poked my eyes out with a pink-panties or filet knife…

Patience of a saint… omg.
HaHaHaHa, Such a beautiful day out, no bugs and calm, hate to go in doing something you enjoy. I've seen it before the bite picks up after awhile. Funny I caught those Walleye in the first hour and a half then shut down. I even ask myself why I stayed out:unsure::D.
Hay, at 73 now, it's a long time in the Box.:dead: But boy, was I cooked when I came off with that sun:eek::mad::D.
Slept good that night.:sleep::sleep::D

@Fish Farmer... Wow same age as myself so I have to give you double credit. I can't do it as I've been dealing with a lot of skin cancer the last several years because of all those years on the water when they didn't even have sunscreen. Good luck fishing next trip out and don't forget the sunscreen. 🥵 😁

@Fish Farmer... Wow same age as myself so I have to give you double credit. I can't do it as I've been dealing with a lot of skin cancer the last several years because of all those years on the water when they didn't even have sunscreen. Good luck fishing next trip out and don't forget the sunscreen. 🥵 😁
Very good advice Wave Runner, my wife is always giving me shit, I've got some looks to me like some large freckles on my cheeks.
I should take your advise of course, the boss (wife):D. I have sunscreen in my boat but I hate using it,:vomit: but I guess I should.:D
I have a buddy that wears one of those light mask that he pulls up from he's neck, I've seen some with crazy looking figures on them, I think you know what I mean. I've notice the last few years the sun really is burning now, is it the global thing??

Very good advice Wave Runner, my wife is always giving me shit, I've got some looks to me like some large freckles on my cheeks.
I should take your advise of course, the boss (wife):D. I have sunscreen in my boat but I hate using it,:vomit: but I guess I should.:D
I have a buddy that wears one of those light mask that he pulls up from he's neck, I've seen some with crazy looking figures on them, I think you know what I mean. I've notice the last few years the sun really is burning now, is it the global thing??
I know it's difficult but sometimes it pays off to listen to our wives. 😁 I hate using sunscreen also but it's a must especially the amount of exposure we've had over the years. I don't like those pull over masks too hot for me. I don't find the sun any hotter at 30+C than it was 60 years ago, hot is hot and 13 hours of exposure it really gets hot. 🥵 My dermatologist says my Basal Cell skin cancer started forming from the UV as far back as 30-40 years ago long before this global warming hooey ever got legs. 😆 I would definitely get those large freckles checked out by a dermatologist to be safe because when it penetrates deeply it can be deadly.

Last edited:
Got out of Maitland on the water before 6 am and off around 7 pm. caught 4 Walleye the first hour and half then nothing after, they had shut down. I was marking lots of fish on the screen but who knows what they were. I spot locked on one spot and jigged up Sheephead after another.
I was fishing same spot as last week and same setup.
Do you use the weight on your worm harness while trolling?

Thanks Dave, I'm thinking Thursday will be my goto day. I might give between Grants Pt and Low Pt. a shot where I had good luck last year in close.
We'll keep in-touch.

You want to know to much, you leave those Sheephead to me Spiel. (y):D:D

Ya I hope so. Did you notice my screen did you see my glass screen is coming off around the edges, don't know why.
I called the repair guy in North Bay, he said if it does come off, try and glue it some how, he said keep using it till it gives up.
He had a few people say they get air bubbles around the edge. Maybe time to dig into the pocket again, my next will be a 9.

That's why some of my buddies don't want to go with me Wave Runner,:D my day is to long for them, I can't be bothered for a half day fishing unless I get blown off or what ever.:cry::cry:, the old saying one last cast(y)(y), I not a Judge Judy fan to go home early, plus the way the Tiger Cats are playing,:eek::mad: I won't be watching them either(y):D
Good luck Wave Runner if you get out bud.

HaHaHaHa, Such a beautiful day out, no bugs and calm, hate to go in doing something you enjoy. I've seen it before the bite picks up after awhile. Funny I caught those Walleye in the first hour and a half then shut down. I even ask myself why I stayed out:unsure::D.
Hay, at 73 now, it's a long time in the Box.:dead: But boy, was I cooked when I came off with that sun:eek::mad::D.
Slept good that night.:sleep::sleep::D
No different @Fish Farmer then being out on the hard water season all day on long point bay. 😉🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 4D0CCA02-9884-46C7-BA12-0EE2AD836B71.jpeg
    4D0CCA02-9884-46C7-BA12-0EE2AD836B71.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 86BF635C-005E-4738-82B8-B883948FD822.jpeg
    86BF635C-005E-4738-82B8-B883948FD822.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2458.MOV
    42 MB
  • 79543FBA-54C4-47B3-9A55-78459D53A527.jpeg
    79543FBA-54C4-47B3-9A55-78459D53A527.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 2
That's why some of my buddies don't want to go with me Wave Runner,:D my day is to long for them, I can't be bothered for a half day fishing unless I get blown off or what ever.:cry::cry:, the old saying one last cast(y)(y),

That's why we call you "All day Dave," when your listening and "Butt F*** Crazy" when you're out of hearing range ..... :ROFLMAO:

Come on Dave, share those Sheepie co ordinates.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks