Maitland Walleye Report. Aug.28

Fish Farmer

On the water at dark and head to my last spot I caught fish, OH I shouldn't say my spot, Dave's Gilfisher spot (y)(y).
First I headed to Grants and spent a half hour working getting unsnagged off a hump. Then started trolling out to deep water near Tecumseh Nada.
Got a text from Dave Gilfisher telling me about his catch, so by the time I got out to where Dave was, I think he was home by then and the Walleye he was on, left for Florida :D :D . So I spent hours trolling to the Fingers finely got there and FISH ON steady, fished on riggers set at 60' down in 82 FOW, I ran my Harness back 100' behind the ball, but had to keep checking because the walleye I caught where small not pulling off the release, only 1 bigger one did.
OH got check by the Police out there, they must have spotted me because I was the only guy out there:D:D Got back the the launch around 5 pm.
Ended my day with a limit and let a few small ones go.
Get out there boys, there was lots of fish finely at the fingers 82 FOW, lets hope they stay for a couple weeks. (y) (y) (y)

Attachments

• IMG_4748.JPG
    IMG_4748.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Great you got out @Fish Farmer , good catch and fantastic report
I hope to see you / meet you one of these days on the east end perch fishing
I allways like meeting up with the guys here putting a face to the name and of course, shooting the shit. (y) (y) :D :D
Nice work getting on them @Fish Farmer and great eaters for sure. (y)
Thanks Wave Runner (y) , my sister just came in so a few will be going home with her, plus the kids and grand kids just heard I got some fresh Walleye.:D:D

On the water at dark and head to my last spot I caught fish, OH I shouldn't say my spot, Dave's Gilfisher spot (y)(y).
First I headed to Grants and spent a half hour working getting unsnagged off a hump. Then started trolling out to deep water near Tecumseh Nada.
Got a text from Dave Gilfisher telling me about his catch, so by the time I got out to where Dave was, I think he was home by then and the Walleye he was on, left for Florida :D :D . So I spent hours trolling to the Fingers finely got there and FISH ON steady, fished on riggers set at 60' down in 82 FOW, I ran my Harness back 100' behind the ball, but had to keep checking because the walleye I caught where small not pulling off the release, only 1 bigger one did.
OH got check by the Police out there, they must have spotted me because I was the only guy out there:D:D Got back the the launch around 5 pm.
Get out there boys, there was lots of fish finely at the fingers 82 FOW, lets hope they stay for a couple weeks. (y) (y) (y)
Even though I have never fished there for Maitland Walleye’s in your area @Fish Farmer it is still nice to read your walleye fishing report’s,and the fishing tip’s that you use there to catch the walleye’s,which could be used here as well,like the worm harnesses that you like to use. Enjoy the rest of the walleye season,my very long time friend. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Nice limit of fish Dave 👍..I guess they moved out of the area i was in when you got there. They must of been 1 step ahead of you but you kept on the trail to the fingers ..good call 👍...let us hope they stay that way for awhile ...but that big blow yesterday and today has got me thinking.🤔..I'm gonna stay positive tho ..and hopefully the winds brought in more 😃..🍻🎣

Even though I have never fished there for Maitland Walleye’s in your area @Fish Farmer it is still nice to read your walleye fishing report’s,and the fishing tip’s that you use there to catch the walleye’s,which could be used here as well,like the worm harnesses that you like to use. Enjoy the rest of the walleye season,my very long time friend. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
Burwell has to be the best spot on Erie for Walleye Erich, going out and catching a limit in 15 minutes is ok I guess but what am I going to do the rest of the 10 hours on the water,😀😀 , I guess I could go looking for Perch.👍👍😀😀, take care my friend, oh did you get your boat fixed?

Nice limit of fish Dave 👍..I guess they moved out of the area i was in when you got there. They must of been 1 step ahead of you but you kept on the trail to the fingers ..good call 👍...let us hope they stay that way for awhile ...but that big blow yesterday and today has got me thinking.🤔..I'm gonna stay positive tho ..and hopefully the winds brought in more 😃..🍻🎣
I’m getting a complex Dave every time I go to your spots those Walleye swim away, even happened when I went near you the fish you where on disappeared 😱😀😀 I think the Walleye don’t like me😢😢😢🥴😂 I hope those Eyes stay around for awhile on the Fingers I have a few buddies that want fish.👍😀😀 Those Walleye I caught where mostly all the smaller good eaters, I even culled a few , didn’t want to leave, catching was hot on the spot I was on. Only trouble was they weren’t releasing off the riggers, had to keep an eye on the rod movement then pop it myself. Think I may go back to the Dipsys. Are you using bigger dipsy? The ones I’ve been using are the smaller Deeper Divers about 3”.

I’m getting a complex Dave every time I go to your spots those Walleye swim away, even happened when I went near you the fish you where on disappeared 😱😀😀 I think the Walleye don’t like me😢😢😢🥴😂 I hope those Eyes stay around for awhile on the Fingers I have a few buddies that want fish.👍😀😀 Those Walleye I caught where mostly all the smaller good eaters, I even culled a few , didn’t want to leave, catching was hot on the spot I was on. Only trouble was they weren’t releasing off the riggers, had to keep an eye on the rod movement then pop it myself. Think I may go back to the Dipsys. Are you using bigger dipsy? The ones I’ve been using are the smaller Deeper Divers about 3”.
The size I use are #1 146grams ..they're the original
dipsy diver ..I believe made by luhr Jensen..I keep the outre rings on 👍.. ya let's hope they stay around for awhile..I've been to the fingers a couple times this season and got nada after a buddy telling me he limited out there..😮..I thought maybe I jinxed the spot 🤯🤣🤣..🍻🎣

Burwell has to be the best spot on Erie for Walleye Erich, going out and catching a limit in 15 minutes is ok I guess but what am I going to do the rest of the 10 hours on the water,😀😀 , I guess I could go looking for Perch.👍👍😀😀, take care my friend, oh did you get your boat fixed?

Go out of Burwell on a @tailfeathers wave day @Fish Farmer. It will ages to get out and back so your quick limit will still take up a good part of your day. LOL. 🌻

Agree!! @Fish Farmer 👊👊 Burwell has got to be the best spot on Lake Erie,for very quick limit’s of walleye’s,by reading a lot of the fishing report’s from there. 👍👍 Too bad though,that these nasty winds blew in just recently on Lake Erie. 🌊🌊🚤👎 which will
leave a lot of angler’s with their boat’s on shore for now,till hopefully better day’s of lighter winds will come back,to fish for walleye’s again. Such as yourself @Fish Farmer I love to fish up to 10 hour’s a day as well,wether we are ice fishing,or out of our boat’s on a lake somewhere. My outboard motor part is taken forever from Amazon to get to my house,and yesterday Amazon is saying,that my outboard motor part will arrive on September 7/22,instead of September 6/22!! 🥺
Amazon has also mentioned that,if the outboard motor part doesn’t arrive by September 10/22,😳 to notify them!! 🤨 As of now,if I see a fairly light windy day,my plan then is to fish for another species of fish,with,”teeth,” (not walleye’s),but the northern pike,out of my canoe 🛶 🎣🐟,along the reeds of the inner bay of long point,to at least keep me fishing for now,while I am waiting for my outboard motor part from Amazon. Take care my friend & as always,we will keep in touch & tight lines!! 🚤🛶🎣🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks