Maitland Report Aug. 22

Fish Farmer

Did the solo trip yesterday to the Island and the screen light up with fish.
Got on the water at dark had to put the lights on for the trip out as it started to get light.
Boats started to show up, some using in-lines, don't know how they made out.??
Had my limit by noon. Flat-lining with 2oz. snap and worm harness.
I decided to try bottom walkers and harness for an hour but nada, went back to trolling, the fish shut off.

Attachments

• 71440514784__1D12BA1C-8FDB-457A-9CFF-F602FB873689 (1).JPG
    71440514784__1D12BA1C-8FDB-457A-9CFF-F602FB873689 (1).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 71439839634__591DCB7F-7546-40AD-8A1E-970B2B3574F1.JPG
    71439839634__591DCB7F-7546-40AD-8A1E-970B2B3574F1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6098.JPG
    IMG_6098.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 160
Did the solo trip yesterday to the Island and the screen light up with fish.
Got on the water at dark had to put the lights on for the trip out as it started to get light.
Boats started to show up, some using in-lines, don't know how they made out.??
Had my limit by noon. Flat-lining with 2oz. snap and worm harness.
I decided to try bottom walkers and harness for an hour but nada, went back to trolling, the fish shut off.
Looking good there @Fish Farmer 👍 and that’s easier fishing for you,than those long walks during the ice fishing season 😉 on long point bay. See you perhaps again during the hard water season,( if there is safe ice),on long point bay,for us & others,to try and catch some perch! Enjoy your walleye fry. 🚤🎣🐟🐟 😋👍🙂

Last edited:
Never fished Maitland before. How far out is the island? What depth?
It's east of Maitland around Rock Pt. you'll see the island lighthouse, some call it Gull island.
I would say just guessing where I'm fishing east side would be about 4 miles give or take.
Be careful going around Rock Pt. stay out its shallow and also around the Island, east side shoal goes out a long way from the island.
Thats why I like fishing around there, lots of structure. Don't be surprised if you catch a Bass, Muskie, and of course the famous Drum(y) :D

Attachments

• Maitland for Walleye.jpg
    Maitland for Walleye.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Maitnew.jpg
    Maitnew.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the thumps up, glad to help.
My buddy that lives near there always tells me fish swim, smart ass :D :D the walleye are not there all the time..
That I know, I've had lots of O days there and had to go way out and join the Whisper (Gilfisher)(y):D
It's funny this year the Fingers haven't produced much from reports, seems more west and a little deeper is the ticket.
Forgot to mention in my report.
Had a Woops😱 had a fish on one rod and the other got snagged, shut the trolling motor off and turned off my elec I thought,
boat swung around and guess what😱😲😭 I spent a half hour knitting a sweater trying to get 100 yards of 50 lb. braid off my Elec🤬😄

Planning to go out tomorrow. Not sure if I'll go deep like usual or give the island a try. I guess I'll see what the weather is doing in the am. Thanks for the tip FF.👍

I just took a walk along the top of the bluff on shore that looks out at the Island. You may need a weed wacker tomorrow, the water is full of that grass like weed floating around.

I just took a walk along the top of the bluff on shore that looks out at the Island. You may need a weed wacker tomorrow, the water is full of that grass like weed floating around.
Ya happened a couple weeks ago, had to keep checking my lines, the weeds would slid down the line to the snap get stuck there and not on the harnesses

Out to try the island by 8 am Friday. Big swells still rolling in from the sw but wind was light. Had a few marks but no takers so at 10 am we went out to Gilfisher territory.
Ended with 4. Watermelon harnesses on rigger 65 feet down. One on killer clown rrf, dipsy #3 , 165 feet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks