Off Topic Magnetawan river

Fisherboat

Just booked a cottage in late July near Britt Ontario. Was wondering if anyone of you have ever fished this river before and could share any information. Looks like mostly bass and pike here? Any tips would be helpful as we have never been 🎣🎣

Watch out for radar speed traps when approaching Britt. I used to go north of there to West Arm Nipissing and actually put a reminder on my GPS due to the many occasions I ran into radar. They never got me 😎

I'd call Magnetawan Bait and Tackle at 705-387-3361. I've never fished the river but have passed this store many time. The river looks like a good fish producer to me and is very nice looking water as well. This store is right on it basically.
Enjoy your trip!

Just booked a cottage in late July near Britt Ontario. Was wondering if anyone of you have ever fished this river before and could share any information. Looks like mostly bass and pike here? Any tips would be helpful as we have never been 🎣🎣
@Fisherboat I pulled out one of many charts that I have from year’s gone by,and I found this one from Byng Inlet,when my wife and I had rented a cottage there,but closer to Georgian Bay,downriver from Britt on the Magnetawan River. Yes,lots of largemouth & smallmouth bass plus pike,and excellent looking structures to hold these fish,including muskies as well. I caught one of my bigger pike up there on Georgian Bay by the Magnetawan Rivermouth,by trolling a deep diving crankbait,off a rocky point going into deeper water. Good luck & tight lines in late July,up in Britt. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpeg
    IMG_2924.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 44
Thanks, Red.
I'm really looking forward to try for pike and bass up there.🎣👍
You’re welcome @Fisherboat 👊 I am glad that I could help you. Back then around 20 year’s ago,chart’s were the way to go,( I actually still use them today), for Lake Erie,Ontario,Huron,long point & Owen Sound bay,etc. Chips for fish finders were not out yet,that I was aware of at least anyways back then. There is this gorgeous looking lighthouse out there on Georgian Bay a ways out,off the Magnetawan Rivermouth,and in that area is were my wife and I would start fishing for pike and bass. Lots of shoals are around,and some you can see,and others are just under the water. Stay in the main channel marked by buoys, ( green & red ). When we did leave the main channel back then,we would tilt the main outboard motor up,and then use the bow mounted electric motor to use,” off the beaten track.” Lots of back bay’s with points & lily pad’s,etc.,to explore & to fish. This has always been more of my style of fishing,were as an angler,you actually feel like that you are sneaking,( hunting), for the fish,and casting for potential fish holding spot’s. Spinnerbait’s in different colours and sizes,were our “go to lure” for pike and largemouth bass. The smallmouth bass would be in deeper water out in Georgian Bay,for their “summer pattern.” We would be casting deep diving crankbait’s,or troll for them as well around rocky shoal’s to try catch them. It’s a beautiful area up there,but be careful & tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Hey fisherboat. Shoot me a pm. This is my home water that I've been fishing my whole life. Happy to point you in the right direction. Tons of awesome fishing spots.
What are the dates you're headed up?

@Red Hering is this the lighthouse you're taking about?20240219_144545.jpg19lb15oz.jpgResized_image000000(20).jpeg20220905_125831.jpgResized_IMG_0381.jpeg

Hey fisherboat. Shoot me a pm. This is my home water that I've been fishing my whole life. Happy to point you in the right direction. Tons of awesome fishing spots.
What are the dates you're headed up?

@Red Hering is this the lighthouse you're taking about?View attachment 84427View attachment 84428View attachment 84429View attachment 84430View attachment 84431
lol 😂 @Lizzy_911_ that’s the lighthouse I am talking about,and that’s a fantastic job of the lighthouse!! 👍 Excellent photo’s as well,of all of the different species that you have caught! Now I am wondering why I haven’t been back to the Byng Inlet area again. Tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks