Made my favourite peeps happy.

fishing girl pink

I donated some eyes today to my work. I work at at small retirement home in Woodstock. I have one man who doesn’t eat anything I mean anything. But today he ate a full plate of fish. I had enough for everyone to have seconds. Love my job.

I donated some eyes today to my work. I work at at small retirement home in Woodstock. I have one man who doesn’t eat anything I mean anything. But today he ate a full plate of fish. I had enough for everyone to have seconds. Love my job.
Good for you @fishing girl pink !! 😍👊👊 I can see you doing this,because you are just that type of a person!! 👍👍🙂

Good on you fishing girl pink. Some people love to eat fish but for lots of reasons they don't have the opportunity to get out and catch them. All the years I ran charters I always made it a point to bring some fish to the men's mission in London and give them to the cook. He always thanked me and said the men there just loved having fresh fish

Good on you fishing girl pink. Some people love to eat fish but for lots of reasons they don't have the opportunity to get out and catch them. All the years I ran charters I always made it a point to bring some fish to the men's mission in London and give them to the cook. He always thanked me and said the men there just loved having fresh fish
I love hearing stuff like this. We always share with the old man down the street. Our Neighbours and family

I love hearing stuff like this. We always share with the old man down the street. Our Neighbours and family
I do the same when I have enough to share. Parents, son when I can get a hold of him, and neighbors. Always makes the neighbors day when I share with him and his wife since neither of them are capable for various health reasons to get out anymore. He always sends me a picture of what his wife does with it the day they have it. 😊

You don't normally understand the effect of what you've done until much later. You'll get the immediate appreciation, but you'll learn more later.

Ages ago up at my parents cottage, you just did stuff with the people that were present.

Years later I heard back just how much things meant to many who were young and felt so special to be a part of things.

At the time I thought nothing of it, that just what we did at the cottage, everyone who was around was included.

Who knew?

Fantastic and caring gesture on your part @fishing girl pink. 😇 I'm sure those seniors will be talking about the wonderful lady who brought them the tasty walleye for years to come. We need more loving people like you in the retirement homes. Hope you and hubby catch your limit every outing so they can enjoy even more great fish fries. 👍😄

I went on a fly-in trip a few years ago and we way over estimated the food we needed to bring up with us. At the end of the week I asked the owner of the camp if he wanted the steaks and other frozen meats we had. He said sure bring the stuff to the main cottage and he'd put in his big chess freezer. Well I get there and the freezer is all but full. There was everything in it; from deer, moose, bear; you name it and there was some in that freezer. The owner then tells me that a lot of people bring to much food and during hunting season his guest can still only have 50lbs of weight to take with them for the return flight. He goes on to tell me that about 30 miles up river, there's a small Indian community. At the end of the season he takes all the food to the community and divvies it up with all the elder's. I thought wow what a great way to give back to the people on the reserve. His hunt and fishing camp is located on the same reserve.

Dan.

Fantastic and caring gesture on your part @fishing girl pink. 😇 I'm sure those seniors will be talking about the wonderful lady who brought them the tasty walleye for years to come. We need more loving people like you in the retirement homes. Hope you and hubby catch your limit every outing so they can enjoy even more great fish fries. 👍😄
Me too. It meant the world to me to do this for them. One man use to fish. He almost made me cry I had to turn my head. ❤️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks