Lund track system

Hunter96

Hi people! This is my first post and I wondering if anybody has any info on mounting downriggers on the Lund track system? I just moved to port burwell area and purchased a new 1750 rebel.
I have been reading through the post and it looked like there is knowledgeable group around here!
Good or bad idea? I've been fishing from a boat for years but on smaller lakes.
Any info would be great as I have no rigger experience.
Thanks in advance! Hope to see you all out there soon!!!

I don't really have an answer to your question but there are a lot of guys that run dipsy divers and leadcore on Erie. Are you committed to down riggers?

I don't really have an answer to your question but there are a lot of guys that run dipsy divers and leadcore on Erie. Are you committed to down riggers?
I have tried dippsy divers but never lead core. I was thinking down riggers and dippsy divers from a planner boards.

Lind makes a bracket to mount the riggers but it is big and interfers with the travel or mooring cover. That is on my Tyee. Does the Rebel have a large top rail to mount them directly

Lind makes a bracket to mount the riggers but it is big and interfers with the travel or mooring cover. That is on my Tyee. Does the Rebel have a large top rail to mount them directly
Yes it has the tracks system I have the mount kit for it. The dealer told me only a 24" boom and no more than a 10 lb ball on it

I have the rebel 18 xl.and the rail system wont support it without the bulky brackets...the widths of the rebels are much smaller than the impacts tyees etc..so opted out figured it be to much of a cluster fudge back there..I use dipsys and jets and have no problems running my baits at the depths i want up 90 fow

I have the rebel 18 xl.and the rail system wont support it without the bulky brackets...the widths of the rebels are much smaller than the impacts tyees etc..so opted out figured it be to much of a cluster fudge back there..I use dipsys and jets and have no problems running my baits at the depths i want up 90 fow
What size of jets and dippsy do you use to get down that far? The tracks system allows you to move the brackets up and down the track as well as mount rod holders and accessories

Can't even run them on my impact. I run a downrigger board for my Scotty electrics.
Sooo your saying they are no good for riggers? May have to take them back for a refund. Do you use some sort of quick release on your down rigger board?

Lund does make a bracket for manual downrigger s with I believe under 2 foot boom and a 6lb ball.

I'm running Scotty electrics with 30-60" booms I believe, and 12lb balls. I grinded down the heads of carriage bolts so they fit into the 45* sporttrac, then drilled holes on a 45* angle on my rigger board.. can take off or out on in about 5 minutes.

What also would work real good too mount a rigger board is a couple Lund sporttrac brackets from Cisco fishing systems

What size of jets and dippsy do you use to get down that far? The tracks system allows you to move the brackets up and down the track as well as mount rod holders and accessories
The jets i use 20 to 40....dipsys size #1 various settings amount line out etc..the tracks are good for rod holders up and down yes....but was told by the marina who would set it up that they would have to build brackets to support it or it would just bend rails and track...when i looked at setup it would take up to much room..

I have tried dippsy divers but never lead core. I was thinking down riggers and dippsy divers from a planner boards.

Shouldn't really need planers with dipsy divers as they have directional bias built into them. I'm interested in what you decide to do, I'm trying to coax someone into a trolling set up on a smaller Lund as well.

Extreme marine in nilestown just had a trolling seminar with the captain of trophy takers charter out of erieau, you should have came out to that. Guy answered all questions well.

I've never used downriggers but always wanted to. From what I gather the Erie guys don't use them with as much success as compared other set ups. Not sure why, I've heard all the reasons nothing adds up for me. Just my two cents I'm pretty green to all this as well. Good luck

I'm trying to coax someone into a trolling set up on a smaller Lund as well.

Hey, I spook like the fish you want to troll for! Small Lund? The wife thinks my boat is big enough.....so she says (n)

No pickerel for you! LPB pike & perch this weekend, and the as seen on tv twitching lure will be there reeling in the new Erie record breaking pike :eek:

index.php
This is the mounts that the Lund dealer gave me.

Same bracket I use with my Big Jon Captain's pack. I run 8 LB. balls.
But my Lund is a older model 2005, since then they have cheapened out, narrower.
They don't even make a decent Live well anymore, just a big stupid rod locker down the middle.

Thanks everyone for the info! now I have lots to think about for the mounts!
Will post when I figure out what the heck I'm going to do lol.
Thanks again! Tight lines and be safe!

Hi Hunter96, I just bought a used Lund 1625 Rebel. Just wanted to check in and see if you went ahead with down riggers and how that turned out?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks