Lund track system

Even with the Cisco brackets and especially with the Lunds with the narrow gunnels such as the impacts even those will flex hard and cause lots of issues! The best way to get around it is to get a set of mounts made up that will allow you to run a cross board (gunnel to gunnel). This ties in in either side of the boat and you can run 60" scottys and 15lb sharks no problem! I have made a bunch of Sport Track mounts for my own boat and am actually making a set of 45degree cross board mounts for another guy in the next few months. Nice thing about the cross board on the low boats is it makes a nice area for leaning against while netting and setting lines. A buddy of mine did one with the much more expensive cisco mounts and said it also worked great! I will see if I can find a picture of his setup! I have a 1875 Crossover with the 90d track and wide gunnels like a Tyee and I at first tried out the Cisco mounts and took them back to Josc at Anglers and ordered 16' of Cisco track and bolted them down directly to my gunnels. Used 3/4" backer and they are SOLID as can be! If your intrested in getting a price on these crossboard mounts I am making send me a message!

Ryan

Last edited:
Hi people! This is my first post and I wondering if anybody has any info on mounting downriggers on the Lund track system? I just moved to port burwell area and purchased a new 1750 rebel.
I have been reading through the post and it looked like there is knowledgeable group around here!
Good or bad idea? I've been fishing from a boat for years but on smaller lakes.
Any info would be great as I have no rigger experience.
Thanks in advance! Hope to see you all out there soon!!!
I have a princecraft I Jan costume made aluminum brackets installed and than the rigger mount on top with a removable rigger so only base stay on
Sorry not the best picture but you get the idea

Attachments

• Resized_20170924_083412_2926.jpeg
    Resized_20170924_083412_2926.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 46
I have a princecraft I Jan costume made aluminum brackets installed and than the rigger mount on top with a removable rigger so only base stay on
Sorry not the best picture but you get the idea
And the travel cover fits over top

I use the Lund track mounts with no issues
I tried to upload a picture but it said the image was too big ??
Not liking these new changes if I can’t upload from my phone like I use to

Even with the Cisco brackets and especially with the Lunds with the narrow gunnels such as the impacts even those will flex hard and cause lots of issues! The best way to get around it is to get a set of mounts made up that will allow you to run a cross board (gunnel to gunnel). This ties in in either side of the boat and you can run 60" scottys and 15lb sharks no problem! I have made a bunch of Sport Track mounts for my own boat and am actually making a set of 45degree cross board mounts for another guy in the next few months. Nice thing about the cross board on the low boats is it makes a nice area for leaning against while netting and setting lines. A buddy of mine did one with the much more expensive cisco mounts and said it also worked great! I will see if I can find a picture of his setup! I have a 1875 Crossover with the 90d track and wide gunnels like a Tyee and I at first tried out the Cisco mounts and took them back to Josc at Anglers and ordered 16' of Cisco track and bolted them down directly to my gunnels. Used 3/4" backer and they are SOLID as can be! If your intrested in getting a price on these crossboard mounts I am making send me a message!

Ryan
Pictures would be awesome, thanks.

Ryan
A picture would be great, thanks. With the original Cisco brackets did you have a single bracket or dual brackets with a track on top that still caused a lot of flexing?

My dad has the 1650 rebel. He set it up with the lund mounts with Scotty swivel mounts bolted to them. 36" downrigger and 8lb ball. No issues as of yet. Their plenty steady, but we also pick our days on erie. Around $500.00 I believe.

Pictures would be awesome, thanks.

A picture would be great, thanks. With the original Cisco brackets did you have a single bracket or dual brackets with a track on top that still caused a lot of flexing?

I had the 3 cisco mounts and at 2' section of track on it and the flex was unreal to say the least! Like mentioned, I then had Josc order me two 6 foot sections and I picked up a 3' section of track he had in the shop. Works great and no issues now! The best option if not bolting solid is deffinatly running a cross bar and tying the gunnels together! I have attached a picture of the guys Impact I know that did one and he says it was great! Problem is the Cisco stuff is so much $$$$ and is the reason I am making a cross board adapter plate for another guy. 1/3 the cost and you just unscrew either side and pop the whole thing off at once! I have made a bunch of Lund Sport track adapters on my own so far as well as a bunch of track risers and rod holders and what not. I have also made a really cool Sport Track "tool holder".

Attachments

• Robs cross bar.jpg
    Robs cross bar.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Risers.jpg
    Risers.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 20840828_10155506102185833_5425589843937598885_n.jpg
    20840828_10155506102185833_5425589843937598885_n.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 96
I had the 3 cisco mounts and at 2' section of track on it and the flex was unreal to say the least! Like mentioned, I then had Josc order me two 6 foot sections and I picked up a 3' section of track he had in the shop. Works great and no issues now! The best option if not bolting solid is deffinatly running a cross bar and tying the gunnels together! I have attached a picture of the guys Impact I know that did one and he says it was great! Problem is the Cisco stuff is so much $$$$ and is the reason I am making a cross board adapter plate for another guy. 1/3 the cost and you just unscrew either side and pop the whole thing off at once! I have made a bunch of Lund Sport track adapters on my own so far as well as a bunch of track risers and rod holders and what not. I have also made a really cool Sport Track "tool holder".
Good day. I just purchased a 2019 1875 XS Lund Impact. I am interested in your downrigger system mounts. If you can call me or let me know if you sell this kind of stuff that would be great. I am in the Collingwood area. I have spoken to Josc recently. My cell is 705-888-8521

I also have a Lund rebel. I use thosebrackets for this the third season, I run 6 lb cannonballs with 30” shafts, no problems love em

I had Dave at Trojan Tackle make me my brakes to run a 36" track system on my Alaskan. Works great and very strong. At the back I have a set of risers also made by Trojan Tackle with a top plate which is set up for my riggers as well as 2 down east rod holders per side which are mounted to the deck. Run a set of Walker Tournament Series electrics with 10 lb balls with no issues.

Attachments

• 20190525_165135.jpg
    20190525_165135.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 20190525_165107.jpg
    20190525_165107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20190525_165052.jpg
    20190525_165052.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
That's one thing I like about the Trojan Risers my riggers attach to. If I decide I want to remove them at the end of the day or season its just a matter of taking out 4 thumb screws and they're off in a matter of minutes

I had those mounts on my last Lund. I cut the side that sticks into the boat off. They made excelent bases for rod holders. I kept breaking the plastic ones. Never lost a rod but it was close.

I use the Lund track mounts with no issues
I tried to upload a picture but it said the image was too big ??
Not liking these new changes if I can’t upload from my phone like I use to
Interesting, I was out at angling outfitters this week buying the new riggers, they were adamant that the lund rails even on our Pro V's need added support. They hooked me up with Canon rails and under mount support to spread out the weight. The LAST thing I wanted to do on the new boat was drill holes, but even worse would be bending new metal and having little recourse.

I’d recommend a set of tracks mounted on top of your lockers, and mount your riggers on risers. Go as low as you can on the risers, 4 inch if possible. I run lead core, jets and dipsys quite a bit but riggers produce a ton of fish and I wouldn’t be without them!

Reactions: Rex
I’d recommend a set of tracks mounted on top of your lockers, and mount your riggers on risers. Go as low as you can on the risers, 4 inch if possible. I run lead core, jets and dipsys quite a bit but riggers produce a ton of fish and I wouldn’t be without them!
That's exactly the system I bought. 4" risers, Cannon tracks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks