LPB Report??

CARP

Haven't heard much in the way of reports from Old Cut or St. Willies.

Either it's pretty shitty or no one wants to talk about the great action (I don't mean at home)

Thanks in advance

Carp

Three of us went out from Grangers. Fished from 7:30 till 3. Had 40 plus keepers and lots of dinks. Others on sled on way back in had 1 which they gave us. Biggest of our keepers was 12.5 inches.No sign of any fish after 2.

@Perchwhisperer, I was thinking about going out this weekend, but hardly any report`s are coming in, except for @chrisvan report,(not a bad Day on the Ice for them yesterday).It is either Slow Fishing, or the Ice Conditions could be Unsafe!! It has been a Hit & Miss Bite all Season so far!! That`s Fishing!!:cool:

Thanks for the replies, we're heading down to LPB tomorrow so hopefully the ice is decent and bonus if we get any fish. Figure the ice will be sloppy but I can't see over a foot ice melting with one or two days above 0. Good luck to everyone heading out tomorrow.

If it helps you guys at all. I was on Rondeau bay yesterday and there was a bit of water on top but most of the snow was thin. Made for easy walking....and lousy fishing....be safe out there.

Ice Conditions @oldcutmarina as of March 15th, 2014. Ice Thickness @ 1 mile 12" +. Ice Thickness @ 2 miles 16" +. The Ice remains in fair condition. The Bay has very limited snow cover and Warmer Temps have created Slushy Patches on top of the Ice. Use extreme caution around Old Ice Hut locations as the Ice will be weak. A Pressure Crack exists between Old Cut and EC-10, use Caution when crossing. Ice Fisherman should use Caution and stick to known marked trails on the Bay. **As per OMNR All Hard Sided Ice Huts must be removed by the End of Saturday March 15th 2014.** Conditions on the Bay will rapidly start to deteriorate as Warmer Temps will take hold by Mid to Late Week. Play it Safe.

You think the old hut locations are pretty dangerous eh
Problem with Old Hut Locations is the Hut Warms up during the day either from usage or the Sun and Melts the Ice underneath, then the Hut is moved and it refreezes. After all the Huts are removed today it will be tricky out there. Can be very Slushy and unstable around these locations. So Play it Safe.

Back