LPB ice check...

Quad's all geared up @Extra Virgin , LET'S GO!

Godzilla Atv GIF

I don’t know
Puddle in my driveway is frozen solid
Has to be some sort of fishable ice around 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpeg
    IMG_2412.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 19
It’s going to be interesting this year if we get a good ice season, right now the bay is so low where my boat sits all summer is now dry land , I haven’t seen it this low since early 90’s

I don’t know
Puddle in my driveway is frozen solid
Has to be some sort of fishable ice around 🤣
lol 😂 @Derkd9 👍 how deep is your puddle under the frozen ice in your driveway?? 😗Just wondering 🤔 and I am “itching” to go ice fishing!! 🎣🐟😉 But,the Thames River for walleye’s,will have to do for now.( last years photo’s ),and hopefully soon,while waiting for long point bay to freeze up this year….. if it does!! 🎣🐟🤞 Tight lines to All & Fish ON!! 👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_5842.jpeg
    IMG_5842.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5843.jpeg
    IMG_5843.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 19
Don’t get your hopes up yet. Long range is showing temps above 0 Celsius The last couple of days has frozen the marsh for duck hunting and we had to revert to layout shooting in open waters.
With waters levels up and down lately it’s been tough with the Jon boat @Yakfisherman Last week in the unit hunting the levels were high which allowed me to glide the boat into cattails for cover. Everything was fine until after a few hrs the water dropped drastically. Had to go back in to pick up Brandon but the water dropped. The Jon boat was dry docked sitting on a bog and I tried my hardest to pull it backwards enough to swing the bow towards open water but couldn't until another two hunters came along to help get it out.
This was a week ago before temps droppedView attachment IMG_6188.mov

Winter forecasts look iffy for Great Lakes area. El Nino typically brings warmer and drier air to Central & Great Lakes areas but with the Jet stream in a more Southerly position below us any kind of shift could mean nasty weather for us here. Ice fishing ? I wouldn't bet on it but if we do it won't be safe ice.

I really don’t even think about it much untill the 1st or second week of January, if it hasn’t froze up by mid January I start thinking we might not get a season

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks