Off Topic Lowrance hook2 7 help

Kbreks

Ive had this unit for about 3 years now. First season it worked amazing. Always read depth, showed lots of hooks and id catch when it showed. Last 2 seasons ive been having issues. Always losing depth. Lose depth coming out of the old cut, approaching sand bars or at speeds above 15mph. I havent seen a hook marked on the sonar in almost 2 seasons but i still catch. I dont even mark bait anymore. Any tips on how to fix this?

I’d recommend taking it to Angling Outfitters and get Josh to do the updates as well just the unit over
Will be going back this week hopefully. I purchased from him and he just changed a bunch of settings and sent me on my way. Didnt seem to fix my issues.

My transducer gets covered in gunk periodically and causes almost the same issues. I usually have to try to use something like my mop to clean it off some. Then to shallow water for a swim and clean.

Ill check for transducer pulse. I have checked to verify it has no moved or tilted. Have also cleaned it.

@Kbreks... I have a Hook Reveal which is basically your unit with the reveal feature and I had the same similar problem the second year I connected it back up to start the season. All it was the press fit connectors were not seated properly all the way in until the second ring is barely showing. I needed a lubricant to get it to seat all the way but don't use any greases just spray WD40 only where the rings are, never on the plug fitting itself or in the receptacle.
1686514758189.png
If that don't work you can try going to your menu screen to make sure your stop sonar is not highlighted with an orange bar at the top.

@Kbreks... I have a Hook Reveal which is basically your unit with the reveal feature and I had the same similar problem the second year I connected it back up to start the season. All it was the press fit connectors were not seated properly all the way in until the second ring is barely showing. I needed a lubricant to get it to seat all the way but don't use any greases just spray WD40 only where the rings are, never on the plug fitting itself or in the receptacle.
View attachment 74370
If that don't work you can try going to your menu screen to make sure your stop sonar is not highlighted with an orange bar at the top.

I have definitely had issues with it not seating fully. But generally when thats the issue, water temp doesnt show either. If im not mistaken. When stop sonar is selected, the sonar screen says "stopped"

Sound like maybe you hit something and changed the transducer angles. They are made to give. I'd check that especially with it working at rest. Maybe give transd a scrub if you leave your boat in the water.

I have definitely had issues with it not seating fully. But generally when thats the issue, water temp doesnt show either. If im not mistaken. When stop sonar is selected, the sonar screen says "stopped"
Yes you are correct it does say sonar stopped if selected. If the plug is not seated all the way the temp does not show either. Those plugs are made so they are watertight but if they are not seated all the way you keep losing contact. Sounds to me that is your problem. Try the WD40 just on the 2 ring part to get it seated because they are a deuce to get in all the way otherwise. You think they are in but they are not. Hope that's all it is and good luck.

Yes you are correct it does say sonar stopped if selected. If the plug is not seated all the way the temp does not show either. Those plugs are made so they are watertight but if they are not seated all the way you keep losing contact. Sounds to me that is your problem. Try the WD40 just on the 2 ring part to get it seated because they are a deuce to get in all the way otherwise. You think they are in but they are not. Hope that's all it is and good luck.
I worded my last reply incorrectly. I meant to say when i lose depth i still maintain water temp. When its not plugged in all the way, i have neither temp nor depth

Had one, worked great most of the time but would lock up occasionally. A reset to factory settings usually fixed it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_112942.jpg
    IMG_20211020_112942.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 8
I worded my last reply incorrectly. I meant to say when i lose depth i still maintain water temp. When its not plugged in all the way, i have neither temp nor depth
If you are sure your plugs are seated correctly then maybe try a software reset which many times solves lots of issues.

@Wave Runner can you get your Voltage to show on your hook 7 screen? If so how did you get it on the screen. I have watched every video and can not get it on there. Kinda miss having it there

@Wave Runner can you get your Voltage to show on your hook 7 screen? If so how did you get it on the screen. I have watched every video and can not get it on there. Kinda miss having it there
I suspect that your supply voltage is not checked off in your unit which would be why it doesn't display the voltage on the screen. In the video "setting up a voltage overlay" and follow his instructions. It's pretty simple so hope that solves your problem.

I'd still try and tip the back of the transducer down a bit. My last one did exactly what your describing it took lots of fiddling to get to read at speed

Does your unit work well when trolling? Could you maybe have left it on out of the water and over heated the transducer?

Does your unit work well when trolling? Could you maybe have left it on out of the water and over heated the transducer?
Didnt know it was possible to overheat them. It does read depth when trolling. Doesnt really seem to show anything on the sonar though. I will tilt it down a bit and give it a try.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks