Off Topic Lowrance hook2 7 help

Kbreks, I have the exact same unit and does the exact same thing, Anything faster then a fart, I lose my speed display. As for hooks, never saw much activity on the screen since day 1. Played with the sensitivity and made little to no difference. However, I still fill the box! I purchased this more for the chart plotter then fish finder. The real issue I had was the 2 plugs kept popping out. Got hold of Steve at Lowrance and he said it's an "O" ring issue and to change them out each year. Put them in "dry"... no lube of any sort. Took his advise and problem solved. Got 6 of each ring at Facca...dirt cheap, locked up in the cuddy and will never be without.
The "O" rings ARE going to be an issue as per Steve, so grab a few for spares...you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
Kbreks, I have the exact same unit and does the exact same thing, Anything faster then a fart, I lose my speed display. As for hooks, never saw much activity on the screen since day 1. Played with the sensitivity and made little to no difference. However, I still fill the box! I purchased this more for the chart plotter then fish finder. The real issue I had was the 2 plugs kept popping out. Got hold of Steve at Lowrance and he said it's an "O" ring issue and to change them out each year. Put them in "dry"... no lube of any sort. Took his advise and problem solved. Got 6 of each ring at Facca...dirt cheap, locked up in the cuddy and will never be without.
The "O" rings ARE going to be an issue as per Steve, so grab a few for spares...you'll be glad you did.
I dont believe they have replaceable o rings on these. I used to mark and be able to count down the seconds after the hook went off my screen before a rod went off. I still catch fish. Just don't mark

After moving the transducer, readings are even worse. Time to move it again and do more testing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks