Lots of salmon??

Clipped fins are Pennsylvania fish... I call them Pennsylvania blue backs and they are delicious!!! 😜
Thx... ya I have ate quite a few of them this summer. I will keep my eye on which fish are producing the better fillets going forward now knowing that. Theres certainly a wide variant to the color of the steelhead meat from quite vibrant to much more pale in the fish I have kept lately

Ohio and Pennsylvania do lots of clipping. The vast majority of Erie Bows are US stockers. The natural fish that run tribs on our side of the lake are just a drop in the bucket comparatively.

Josh
Thanks. Seen lots of those clippers so far this summer. Hopefully they hang around a little longer for us! I also fish some of our smaller erie tribs alot too, often I wonder how some of our creeks here would be with a US style stocking program for rainbow...

Thanks. Seen lots of those clippers so far this summer. Hopefully they hang around a little longer for us! I also fish some of our smaller erie tribs alot too, often I wonder how some of our creeks here would be with a US style stocking program for rainbow...
I spend quite a bit of time on those creeks too 😉 They have all evolved their own unique self sustaining runs. I don't see a whole lot of wanderers from the US. No doubt there's some that find their way into our tribs but I don't think we'd notice a big difference without them....

Josh

Even though Lake Erie on the Ontario side has been labelled commercial interest only... walleye, perch, smelt... I would like to see Ontario stock some of this strain as well... They fight harder and taste better... IMO

Back