Lost Channel

moocow

Heading up to Lost Channel Sept 8th. We are staying at a buddies place on the west end. Can't seem to find out much on the fishing ? And it appears the waterway is uncharted on navionics. Anyone have suggestions. I'd like to target walleye but lakers or any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Moo

For walleye in this area at this time, I would try trolling worm harnesses alongside weeds in 12-14 ft depths. Early morning or late evening is best - my preference is evening. I've used this technique on the Pickeral and French river systems.

Lakers on the Pickeral R system, as far as I know (and I've been fishing Pt Loring area for 35+ years), are found in Wilson Lake - the lake depths there are 80-100 ft there. Right now, they're deep.

Good luck! I'll be up there in 4 weeks for my annual fall trip.

WR

Hey Moocow was just up there for a week out of port loring fished outside weeds 10 to 15 ft did well bb with spinners and worms worked well Wilson is where it's at or if u found a camp named smokey is good fishing as well ,lakers are down in main channel of Wilson lake if u talk with the bait shop guy he will help u out there let me know how u make out try Lindy rigs aswell with red true turn hook and leeches best of luck Kirby

I have fished Dollars Lake/Smith's Bay a bit. Had much success in the June timeframe. Went once on Thanksgiving but couldn't catch a cold. We tried riggers in the deeper spots but not in the really deep hole near Whippoorwill Lodge. I would be tempted to run a couple of portable riggers deep there. Failing that, locate the shoals and backtroll worms over them dead slow. Good luck! Lots of big crappie in Dollars Lake, if you can find them.

Last edited:
I like the upload! Great fishing on dollars lake! Troll with 10-15ft tail dancers in the fall/spring for walleyes. The bait fish move around pretty good up there, best bet is to explore the different arms of the system, find water 70-25ft deep, you will find the wallys.

Big pike and tons of bass. Great place!

Stomp mentioned Dollars, Smiths bay, and Whippoorwill Lodge, if you were standing at Whippoorwill looking out over their dock, there is a huge rock face on the left side of the lake, guessing it's within a mile or less of the lodge. Huge deep hole in front of it, fishing pressue picks up after 5 pm, go early, local folk's all gather there?? Walleye, Pike

Just following up with results from my excursion from Lost Channel and to thank those who pointed us in the right direction. Had mixed results with the low pressure system that arrived the same day as us. Caught a few pickerel, had some decent bass action and a few small pike. Rigged the centre of Wilson but nothing happening. Beautiful area and always enjoy a new lake experience.
Cheers,
Moo Cow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks