Losing my best friend

I am sorry for your loss. It leaves such a hole in your heart when they are gone. Every once in a while ill have this shit grin on my face remembering something trivial that one of my Ole pets have done.

Still laugh when I went into the butcher shop to get Trooper (my childhood lab....dad was a fan of the band trooper) a t-bone to chaw on. I tied her up to the awing post while I went inside.

So I pick up the bone, and a few other household items to get. when I left, there was a GIANT trooper log right out in front of the door! I was mortified as other customers were trying to pass this landmine right in front of the door!

It's funny how a lop of :poop: can make you laugh 30+ yrs later.

Again, sorry for your family's loss.

So Very Sorry to read about the loss of your dog Brady,@Wave Runner.I also have lost a couple of dog's over the year's,& I still think about them occasionally to this day.It definitely does leave a hole in your heart.Stay Strong,& pm me anytime(just as before),if you need to talk.All the Best,your friend @Red Hering

I'm so sorry, I know your pain as I've been dealing with it for 14 days, it sucks , I loss my golden retriever, 14 days ago, didn't know he was even sick, he pee in the house Thursday so Friday I took him to the vet only to find out his lung were bad , thought I would have up to 6 months but I got a weekend, one last fishing trip on Sunday, Monday morning I new I had to do the right thing and put him down but he had other plans , he walk to the living room looked at my wife then 2 more steps sat down, I sat next to him he laid his head in my lap and was gone, I know I shouldn't go in to detail but this one is killing me, fishing With me for the last 9 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0828.PNG
    IMG_0828.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
The days will be less painful as you move along but great memories and stories of humorous and sun times will remain. We lost our Lab Maddie after 13 1/2 years last year and even now every time I pull out cheese or drop food on the floor I expect her to be right there looking at me with those big Brown eyes. May your pain be short and memories long!

@Stick... @Keith Wall... @Polish-Newfie...

What we have in common is our recent loss and love for our precious pets which we can all relate to as well as those who lost them in the past.
Thank you for your stories and memories shared of your beloved dogs (family members).
I know your grief all too well, deeply sorry for loss as well.

Thanks Trevor for your kind words and also to everyone else that replied. I was up the entire night and then brought my little guy home and buried him in my yard when the sun came up this morning. I'm in clay here and being so dry it was no easy task digging for this 68 year old especially with no sleep. Been up all day hurting bad like somebody shot a hole through my heart. Today has been an extremely tough day in every way for me but I will sleep tonight because I'm exhausted.

Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.

Wave Runner and family, my deepest condolences.
Our two indoor Jacks passed this year, Medic and Graham, the female, Medic just shy of 16 yrs, Graham 14, they passed a few months apart
Best dogs ever, all I can say

I know many of you fisherman love and have dogs or other pets. It is with great sadness I had to say goodbye to my little buddy Brady at 3 am this morning after just 5 yrs. and 9 months due to premature kidney failure. We were inseparable going everywhere together except when I went fishing, he didn't like the boat. LOL!

My wife and I will miss our little boy more than you will ever know. R.I.P little guy.

View attachment 6152View attachment 6153
Very sorry for your loss. Have been there about seven years ago. Lost the most awesome jack russel to leptospirosis. We now have replaced him with two (my wife's idea lol) and the female that accidentally had a litter and we kept one of her pups (again my wife). There will be no furry friend that can replace him but the three we have now, bring us much company and laughter.

I know many of you fisherman love and have dogs or other pets. It is with great sadness I had to say goodbye to my little buddy Brady at 3 am this morning after just 5 yrs. and 9 months due to premature kidney failure. We were inseparable going everywhere together except when I went fishing, he didn't like the boat. LOL!

My wife and I will miss our little boy more than you will ever know. R.I.P little guy.

View attachment 6152View attachment 6153
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts to you and your wife. Hugs.

Bob, sorry for your loss. I too know it's like to lose a dog. Sorry I just read this. I have been away for a few days. But the day I met you and your dog, I could see how good friends you were. Time heals all wounds. Good luck the rest of the season.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks