Losing my best friend

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I know many of you fisherman love and have dogs or other pets. It is with great sadness I had to say goodbye to my little buddy Brady at 3 am this morning after just 5 yrs. and 9 months due to premature kidney failure. We were inseparable going everywhere together except when I went fishing, he didn't like the boat. LOL!

My wife and I will miss our little boy more than you will ever know. R.I.P little guy.

!cid_7EE90A65205A44679BCD7E49BA34A620@muskelunge49.jpgLossing a pet.jpg

Sorry for your loss WR. Like others have said, I too know the heartache that comes with losing a pet. I had to put my first border collie down after she was hit by a car and I didn't have the $3500 up front the vet wanted to treat her...it was everything my family could muster to hold me back tears streaming down my face when that SOB asked me since I couldn't afford to pay if I wanted to have her put down......and I had to leave a second behind with the SPCA in Edmonton when I moved back to Ontario and couldn't bring her with me. I miss my dogs everyday, and no amount of time will change how you feel about your pets. Sure the pain of loss will eventually diminish and the memories will be happy, but you can never replace that pet. They become a part of you, part of the family. My wife has 2 Siamese cats that she's had since just before we became a couple. They're beautiful and eventually took to me, but they aren't my dogs. Take the time to grieve as you would with the loss of anyone close to you.

Thanks Trevor for your kind words and also to everyone else that replied. I was up the entire night and then brought my little guy home and buried him in my yard when the sun came up this morning. I'm in clay here and being so dry it was no easy task digging for this 68 year old especially with no sleep. Been up all day hurting bad like somebody shot a hole through my heart. Today has been an extremely tough day in every way for me but I will sleep tonight because I'm exhausted.

Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks