Looking for vintage gear

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just throwing this out there.....if anyone might have any old gear kicking around that isn't getting used I'm a bit of a hoarder 😂 Always looking for vintage Steelhead stuff in particular, Fenwick, Loomis, Lews, centerpins, older spinning reels. But if its older I may be interested. I also like to grab unused gear to help out newer anglers. I have no issues paying a fair price.

Even if your not selling and are curious about values of some stuff I'm pretty good with appraising anything related to Steelheading...

Josh

Just throwing this out there.....if anyone might have any old gear kicking around that isn't getting used I'm a bit of a hoarder 😂 Always looking for vintage Steelhead stuff in particular, Fenwick, Loomis, Lews, centerpins, older spinning reels. But if its older I may be interested. I also like to grab unused gear to help out newer anglers. I have no issues paying a fair price.

Even if your not selling and are curious about values of some stuff I'm pretty good with appraising anything related to Steelheading...

Josh

Attachments

• 20220925_114609.jpg
    20220925_114609.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220925_114600.jpg
    20220925_114600.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 57
Hi Josh, wondering if you would be interested in that reel.

Hi, not a bad looking old aerial you have there! ...I'm more of a collector of locally and Canadian made centerpins. But if you have an idea what you'd like to get for it or want to discuss the value send me PM....

Josh

No one wants my Canadian made reels..Apex and Pacific Steelheder as they are well fished and used.
Both classics! You'd have plenty of interest in both on the used market. I have a couple of those as well 😉 The Apex's are a favorite.....I also have several of the Apex remakes that were never officially released.....paid $9k for the 17 reels and sold enough to cover the costs leaving 9 for the collection 😁

If you like classics, I picked up these two last week and blew my gear budget for the year 😂 Most would shake their head and call me an idiot for what dropped on the pair. I look at it as an investment tho, prices have been climbing steadily for years...
IMG_20220927_001030.jpg

Josh

Those are nice reels Josh and I still kick myself in the ass for not buying a Clough back in the late 80's early 90's when I had the chance.
I love the Apex reel as well and fish it often but still use the Pacific Steelheader more.

Not really vintage tackle, but I have a vintage 1956, 5.5 HP Johnson Seahorse motor (red) and tank. Used to be on our Peterborough cedar strip boat. Probably should list it on the Classified forum.

Last edited:
Got several vintage reels and rods in great shape. Not good posting pictures, sorry. For anyone who knew him as a collector, I showed these to Gerry Grimmick of Delaware many years ago, before he passed away, and he said "these will be worth quite a bit someday".

Zebco Cardinal 3 (green) spinning reel: original spool insert, wrench, all original paperwork and 2 spare spring kits. Well looked after, works great.

Penn 209MF level wind, star drag - free spool: in original box with wrench, lube, rod mounting clamp hardware, paperwork including catalogue.

Adcock "Stanton" Centre Pin: 5", Nottingham England, original box with service instructions. Still take it on trips as backup, very rarely used.

Browning "The Gold Medallion - Dick Swan" series noodle rod: Model M32990, 9' graphite.

Kunnan "Advantage HM 40 Spiraltech" rod: Model 76116, 11'6", light action, private-labelled for an old buddy.

Got several vintage reels and rods in great shape. Not good posting pictures, sorry. For anyone who knew him as a collector, I showed these to Gerry Grimmick of Delaware many years ago, before he passed away, and he said "these will be worth quite a bit someday".

Zebco Cardinal 3 (green) spinning reel: original spool insert, wrench, all original paperwork and 2 spare spring kits. Well looked after, works great.

Penn 209MF level wind, star drag - free spool: in original box with wrench, lube, rod mounting clamp hardware, paperwork including catalogue.

Adcock "Stanton" Centre Pin: 5", Nottingham England, original box with service instructions. Still take it on trips as backup, very rarely used.

Browning "The Gold Medallion - Dick Swan" series noodle rod: Model M32990, 9' graphite.

Kunnan "Advantage HM 40 Spiraltech" rod: Model 76116, 11'6", light action, private-labelled for an old buddy.
The cardinal is worth some $$$ and quite collectible. The Stantons have dropped in value recently, particularly the unanodized silver models. The gold, black and ultra rare green ones still command a decent buck. The Browning and Kunnam aren't really collectables and you won't see much out of those...

Last edited:
Edited: thought the post above was directed at me 🤷😄

Where'd the delete button go @stomp? Thought I remembered being able to delete my own posts? 🤔

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks