Looking for a good tackle shop in the London area

Bassassin

My crew and I were going to head to Gander Mountain in Tonawanda NY to load up on some gifts etc. this month. We have decided to spend our Canuck dollars here. We want to load up on those spoons etc. you western lake guys swear by somewhere in the London area. Greasy Chicken, NDK, Monkey Puke, Blueberry Muffin etc. They can be had here but are rare. I need the W5, who, what, when, where, why.

Also a local Mom and Pop place for lunch and a brew, always the best. Also a local Legion as we are supporters.

After a day of shopping, eating and drinking a good local motel might be an idea as well.

Thanks

Johnny D

Angling outfitters on hwy 2 between Woodstock and London, and also Lambeth rod and tackle are both great spots and have a real good selection of tackle and fishing equipment. Good people to deal with as well!

Also Angling Sports in London .At Dundas and Highbury Angler Outfitters west of Woodstock would be my 1 st stop.

Idle time sports in woodstock is worth checking out. Not a big store but always some good deals.

Angling outfitters on hwy 2 between Woodstock and London, and also Lambeth rod and tackle are both great spots and have a real good selection of tackle and fishing equipment. Good people to deal with as well!
I second that!!! Both places are top notch. Not a fan of Angling in London...never had good service there

Hit up Angling Outfitters on the west side of Woodstock, highway #2. Then head East into town, and grab some Pints and pub fare at Charles Dickens pub, also on highway #2, North side of the street downtown. Take a left on Huron Street and another left on Brant, the Legion is right there. Total travel time? About 10 minutes. Never been to the Legion, but can vouch for both AO and CD Pub.

I would suggest checking out Dixie Dairy Bar in ST Thomas. A very staunch supporter of Fishing for a Cure and deserves to get something back for all the work she does. http://www.dixietackleshop.com/

Have been to the Dixie Dairy Bar before and they do have a good selection but have limited space so the selection is not as diverse as Angling Outfitters or Lambeth.

I've been to all the 4 shops noted above - they are all good. I usually go to Dixie Dairy Bar (should be Dixie Tackle Bar) for most of my stuff - as it is right here for me. I'm amazed how much good stuff Laurie has in her store.
Perhaps, a road trip visiting all 4 shops might be an option - also there is a Legion about a block away from Dixie Dairy Bar in St T.

WR

I've been to all the 4 shops noted above - they are all good. I usually go to Dixie Dairy Bar (should be Dixie Tackle Bar) for most of my stuff - as it is right here for me. I'm amazed how much good stuff Laurie has in her store.
Perhaps, a road trip visiting all 4 shops might be an option - also there is a Legion about a block away from Dixie Dairy Bar in St T.

WR

I wonder what the story is in having a tackle shop disguised as a Dairy Bar? It's a marketing fubar. I think we'll head there just to ask why. Then I'll order a double scoop of emerald shiners topped with wax worms, mmmmmm good.

I really like Angling sports off highbury.
I find they always have what i need for any kind of fishing i am doing and the guys behind the counter are friendly and full of info.
I tried several times shopping at angling outfitters but every time i went there i left pissed off. The asian guy talks to me and my brother like we are f$%#ing stupid and i for one cant stand it, especially seeing as we dropped close to $600 in that store last year.

I really like Angling sports off highbury.
I find they always have what i need for any kind of fishing i am doing and the guys behind the counter are friendly and full of info.
I tried several times shopping at angling outfitters but every time i went there i left pissed off. The asian guy talks to me and my brother like we are f$%#ing stupid and i for one cant stand it, especially seeing as we dropped close to $600 in that store last year.

WOW!!! That's the first negative I've heard about Josh at Angling Outfitters. Maybe he was just having a bad day or your reading him wrong because they have been great whenever I have dealt with them, which is a lot. I've got nothing bad to say about Angling Sports at Highbury and Dundas, it's a nice big clean store but they don't hold a candle to Josh's for stock. Lambeth Tackle is also excellent, he's always pleasant to deal with and if he hasn't got what you want he'll get it quickly for you. Dixie Dairy Bar has a ton of stuff for such a small space, you would be surprised how they got so much crammed in there. Don't trip yourself though because in that confined space you could be buried in an avalanche of tackle knocking over one of those racks. :D

Not the first time I've heard Jos criticized. I guess if you are one of those proud fellows, who can't take a joke or two, or a challenge to the way you think about something, he may come off a bit rude. I usually just tell people to fire it back, he can take it. Some of the most valuable people are often a little enigmatic. Learn to take it in stride and you might get a little more than a frustrating experience. If you want a sterile, boring environment where people say what you want to hear, sell you stuff you don't need and smirk as you leave the store, go to BPS or some of the other shops around T.O.

Its simple... If Jos doesnt have it or cant order it... You dont need it... He is a character... lol...

He'll glady tell you were to go, brick and mortor, or online to find what you need. He'll be honest that he can't get you something at the price that you can get it somewhere else.

Lambeth Rod & Tackle is where I buy all my fishing supplies. For a small shop he seems to have everything I need and great service!

Steve at Lambeth gets my vote, always helpful, always listens. I have left Woodstock many times before because some one fails to listens to my needs.

Jos is awesome.

He does talk fast and i could see where it might be misinterpreted, I don't know how many times I have told him to slow down he is giving me a headache:D

No one knows their stuff better or gives you a better price. He will also stand behind everything he sells.

PS don't tell him I said anything nice about him....:rolleyes:

Any tackle $ I spend is at Angling Outfitters

The usual suspects from Selkirk are off to Angler Outfitters in Woodstock next week. It's only an hour from here and it has the consensus vote it appears. Lunch locally and then a visit to the Legion. I'll be the DD. I've never stopped in Woodstock and it's only an hour from us. Can't wait to meet this Joslyn character. I love people a bit different. I like you too @stomp. Wait till he get's a load of this crew with me. An Italian, a Dutchman, a Newfie with a speech impediment and an honest to God Canadian, but I think he's really French Canadian.

Looking forward to it, thanks all. Will let you know how we fared.

By the way Anglers Outfitters is in Woodstock Ontario, Angling Outfitters is in Texas. I spend some time on the Texas website before I realized it was strange they sold a fair amount of saltwater stuff for a place more than a thousand miles to the closest ocean. Monty Smith's fault. See his post about Angling Outfitters. The Texas place looks pretty good too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks