Off Topic Long time she's been putting up with me

Trevor M

Or as my wife affectionately says, "o_O I've been putting up with your BS for a long time now." I always respond that goes the other way too. :ROFLMAO:

We've known each other for 14 years. Been a couple for just under 13, and TODAY is our 11th wedding anniversary. Looking forward to many more. We're going out for dinner in an hour or so. Still haven't decided where. Swiss Chalet, Chucks, ESM, or Kelsey's probably. Wanted to take her to the Buckaneer in Pt Stanley, but according to their website they're not open until Wednesday, so we'll do that another day.

Still don't know if she's going to come fishin with me sometime this week or not. She said she would, but she's said that before then changed her mind. Something about NOT wanting to get outta bed at stupid o'clock in the morning ;) :ROFLMAO:

Congrats buddy. My wife is joining me tmm outta bruce.. Almost 3 yrs now omg.. I'm on holidays this week and bugs with no wind tmm she will not like that..got a bug hat for her ..ohh well got too get out !!

Last edited:
Congrats buddy. My wife is joining me tmm outta bruce.. Almost 3 yrs now omg.. I'm on holidays this week and bugs with no wind tmm she will not like that..got a bug sreen hat for her ..ohh well got too get out !!
I'll be on the pier likely before you get out of bed tomorrow. Look for me on the west side by the light tower. If you yell out my name I'll wave atcha :)

My wife is on vacation this week too but she won't be with me tomorrow. She has "other" things she wants to do around the house, including organizing her sewing/craft room, and me goin fishin will allow her to do so without me gettin in her way. You should see the "disaster zone" that is our living room at the moment :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Congrats @Trevor M but, (whispers) that's not a long time. 😁🌻
Yeah I know. But, she's already been married to me longer than my first wife was and when the anniversary of our first date comes up in a couple months she will officially become my longest relationship, and I've already long passed that in her love life. She told me long ago that her longest relationship prior to me was 2 years give or take. So I must be doing something right to still be around 13 years later, 11 of them married. :giggle:

Coming into the relationship "well trained" probably helped :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations. When you hit a milestone anniversary whether that’s 15 or 20 or 25 or 50 book an evening at David’s Bistro on Richmond street. Or another memorable place is Idelwylde Inn and Spa on Grande Ave.
She’s worth it.

Or as my wife affectionately says, "o_O I've been putting up with your BS for a long time now." I always respond that goes the other way too. :ROFLMAO:

We've known each other for 14 years. Been a couple for just under 13, and TODAY is our 11th wedding anniversary. Looking forward to many more. We're going out for dinner in an hour or so. Still haven't decided where. Swiss Chalet, Chucks, ESM, or Kelsey's probably. Wanted to take her to the Buckaneer in Pt Stanley, but according to their website they're not open until Wednesday, so we'll do that another day.

Still don't know if she's going to come fishin with me sometime this week or not. She said she would, but she's said that before then changed her mind. Something about NOT wanting to get outta bed at stupid o'clock in the morning ;) :ROFLMAO:
🥳 Congratulations 🥳 @Trevor M to you both on your 11th Anniversary & many more! Cheers 🥂!! 👍👍🙂

Congratulations. When you hit a milestone anniversary whether that’s 15 or 20 or 25 or 50 book an evening at David’s Bistro on Richmond street. Or another memorable place is Idelwylde Inn and Spa on Grande Ave.
She’s worth it.
She is definitely worth it. 😍🥰😁😇

BUT.............we'll pass on the Idylwild. It IS certainly memorable to us, but not for "the right reasons." We got married July 3 2012. Her dad and his second wife got married at the Idylwild on May 12 2012 and THEY spent the night there before going to Vegas the next day for their honeymoon. (My wife and I didn't take ours until 2016 when we went to Ottawa for Canada Day on The Hill, and then Montreal 3 weeks later)

THEY liked it so much that for our wedding gift from them, they got us a room for the night at the Idylwild. It was her dad's idea. We appreciated the thought, and it was a very nice room. The problem was......since THEY liked their room so much, when they got us one for our wedding night............IT WAS THE SAME FRIGGIN ROOM HER DAD AND HIS SECOND WIFE HAD the night of their wedding.....:banghead::nailbiting::sick:.......

THAT kind of put a damper on things if you know what I mean......o_O😖

To say my wife was "not impressed" with that particular wedding "gift" would be a MASSIVE understatement. To this day she thinks he did it on purpose knowing it would be awkward (to say the least) because that's his sense of humor. She was so unimpressed that we almost didn't go in part because:
1) we had found out it was the same room her dad and his newlywed bride had a couple months earlier, (EWWWWWW :yuck: ) and
2) it was a night away from our own bed that was less than 15 minutes away from that bed.

But because it cost him some $$ that's the only reason we went, but we almost came home in the middle of the night because of how awkward we both felt, but especially my wife, knowing that her dad and his wife had that same room the night they got married.

I'm looking into maybe getting us a night at the Elmhurst IF I can afford it sometime in the future. It may not be far away, but it is out of town and had he thought to do that for us on our wedding day, she'd have been "happier" because at least, while not far away, it would've been out of town, not as close to home, and most importantly, her dad and his wife wouldn't have slept in the same damn room, in the same damn bed.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone from both my wife and I. ☺️

But if I'm going to be able to get up at stupid o'clock tomorrow to go sit on the pier, I should probably get my butt to bed soon. 🤣

Thank you to everyone from both my wife and I. ☺️

But if I'm going to be able to get up at stupid o'clock tomorrow to go sit on the pier, I should probably get my butt to bed soon. 🤣
YES!! Get to bed!! @Trevor M ! 🛌 😴 lol 😆 and the fish will not wait for you! 😉 Tight lines &
Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Oh I get it, you’re afraid of ghosts. Just kidding. Congratulations again.Coming up 47 for us.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks