Long shot. Need rod help.

Stick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I would like to track down a 9 foot Fenwick Legacy 2 piece medium light spinning rod if at all possible. My late fishing partner had it for years. His daughter is from BC and Air Canada crushed the carrying case, the Legacy and an Ugly Stick in the cargo bay. I'm physically ill just thinking of how Paul cherished and looked after what was a favourite rod and now his daughter only has shattered pieces. Any help greatly appreciated.

I would like to track down a 9 foot Fenwick Legacy 2 piece medium light spinning rod if at all possible. My late fishing partner had it for years. His daughter is from BC and Air Canada crushed the carrying case, the Legacy and an Ugly Stick in the cargo bay. I'm physically ill just thinking of how Paul cherished and looked after what was a favourite rod and now his daughter only has shattered pieces. Any help greatly appreciated.

I had a rod made up many years ago ('86-'88?) by Wayne, the guy that sat at the CNE, building rods in the Fenwick display area of the Sportsman's Show. It's a 10.5 ft and doesn't say what blank it is, but I thought I'd take a look anyway.

Hope you are successful in your search.

Last edited:
I should have added that I've searched online, including Facebook marketplace and called Jo's and Steve. Steve is on holiday. If I can find 1 it will likely be someone who has it in the basement. 30 year old small run rod. I don't know enough rod builders

There are a few vintage fenwick rods on marketplace but could only find one legacy spinning, but it looks to be a one piece at 5'-9.
Perhaps a post on the sportfishingbc forum may be of help.

just to share and if somebody is interested in light action 9 footers..I am looking at inquirying on ordering 2 or possibly 3 of the fishing307.com light action DR 9' foot custom graphite rods (rated 6 to 10lb test)..theres also MLight (6 to 15lb test) 9'..lifetime warranty at $49.97 U.S..shipping cost to Canada is available at a premium..
reviews say there great for trout & salmon..they should work good for walleye too..

Last edited:
I gave one away years ago to a young fella starting out. Not 100% on the length, it was somewhere in the 9-10' range. He's mid 20's now and has several high end customs. I bet he still has the Fenwick lying around somewhere......I'll look into it ;)

Josh

Legacy rod

I have a older LG 86s L-2 8'6 4-15 line lb..really dependable Spinning Rod..before Fenwick was bought out..wondering how the new ones last?

Thats a review under Fenwick HMX rods for sale on the cabalas.ca website
There selection of the HMX spinning rods are on sale $83.99
5 year warranty

ModelLengthPowerActionLure RatingLine RatingPieces
HMX86M-MS-28'6"MediumModerate3/8 - 18 - 152
HMX9M-MS-29MediumModerate3/8 - 18 - 152
HMX106M-MFS-210'6"MediumModerate Fast3/8 - 18 - 152
HMX126UL-MS-212'6"Ultra LightModerate1/16 - 5/84 - 102

Back