Long point- turkey point marinas frozen?

perch420

Curious if there is any ice in the marinas around the area. Looking to get out for some crappies and sunfish this weekend. Thanks for any tips

The inner bay is mostly open, a little ice closer to the causeway, but open water at both marinas. White caps on the inner bay off Port Rowan today.

Ok maybe a better question, how long until we can launch boats? I think after the couple different storys I've herd today alone of others going threw the ice, Im done ice fishing for this year!

Here is a couple of picts. of what's left of the ice from Sunday at noon. Lots of birds around.
View attachment 4288View attachment 4289

And the first boat
Those photo`s are tempting to take my boat out soon,@Larry Lloyd.Those Perch and Pike are there and waiting,because back a few year`s ago,I used to catch them through the ice till sometimes to March 15th.But,because it is only February 19/17,and not March yet,I feel that the Winter is still not over yet,and the boating season will likely have to wait.But please keep the photo`s coming @Larry Lloyd,and Thanks from me,and likely from a lot of other Boater`s also.

Yah we tryied any way. Spoons and cranks. Three line trying everthing u can think. Even found a couple soft spots an broke to with in ten yards. Nice open poket an cast for a bit. Would have went out further but with the time of year was just happy to be out. Lotta water fowl around. Even a nice group of swans and a raff of cans and heath amount of geese which are most like year round guests

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks