Long Point bass

needabreak77

RIMG0452.JPG heading down sat morning, strong winds and a lot of rain may have got em a little active. Cooling down at night now may have them thinking its time to start the feed for the fall. I will give an update tomorrow afternoon....

Last edited:
Best of luck! I would have figured with Thursday's cold front moving through it wouldn't have been favorable but you never know. Let us know how it goes.

View attachment 3744 heading down sat morning, strong winds and a lot of rain may have got em a little active. Cooling down at night now may have them thinking its time to start the feed for the fall. I will give an update tomorrow afternoon....
Congratulations on that Beautiful Smallmouth Bass!! I am getting excited about the Fall Fishing already after your report,and looking forward to your next update. Tight Lines,& BASS ON!! (y)

last fall...lol

If you guys really like lots of big fall smallmouth catchin try the very western part of lake erie for monsters...for non stop smallmouth has to be LSC ....we use artificial rubber baits like tube jigs and also live minnows work really well...wait till fall starts to set in with cool nights....thanksgiving is usually a good time to get down there and fish the bass and perch.

Well , was out at about 7am headed to the far red and green markers ( 12.5ft) and started drifting, ( tube jig) and casting clackn raps. Had a few hits with the tube jig but figured it was a rocky or perch. Made 5 different drift lines all across the channel. NOT ONE BASS!!!! Water temp was reading 76. i guess ill give it 2 more weeks. Maybe water temp will be closer to the magic number of 70.... lots of boats out fishing but i didnt see any catchn, Was nice to get out in my buddies new Legend. gonna try a river trip today down the Grand River, Dont matter what time of year it is on it....... 109.JPG

last fall...lol

If you guys really like lots of big fall smallmouth catchin try the very western part of lake erie for monsters...for non stop smallmouth has to be LSC ....we use artificial rubber baits like tube jigs and also live minnows work really well...wait till fall starts to set in with cool nights....thanksgiving is usually a good time to get down there and fish the bass and perch.
Yes, St Clair cant be beat! You want giants in fall, i agree with ya!!!! I will be headed there closer to October.

Well , was out at about 7am headed to the far red and green markers ( 12.5ft) and started drifting, ( tube jig) and casting clackn raps. Had a few hits with the tube jig but figured it was a rocky or perch. Made 5 different drift lines all across the channel. NOT ONE BASS!!!! Water temp was reading 76. i guess ill give it 2 more weeks. Maybe water temp will be closer to the magic number of 70.... lots of boats out fishing but i didnt see any catchn, Was nice to get out in my buddies new Legend. gonna try a river trip today down the Grand River, Dont matter what time of year it is on it....... View attachment 3748
I know that part of the river well. Great fishing. Also its nice that it is catch and release only, single barbless hooks, and no live bait so those big fish don't go anywhere

last fall...lol

Mick,
They're already biting along the western shoreline out near the mouth of the Detroit. My cottage is right there and was producing huge smallies last week, even in the heat!
Just gotta go with the wind, however.......won't catch them when the winds are high.

Hey Consequence Free thats great to hear you are catchin the big bass I was talkin about....they are monsters for sure!!!

Well aren't you a lucky duck to have a cottage on the lake...I am so jealous...so you probably fish the early spring for walleye too? The furtherest I have fished down there is out of Colchester down to Holiday Beach for pics..if you know what I mean...
In the past we fished smallmouth and perch in the fall right up to Leamington

Mick,
We're literally half way between Holiday beach and the river mouth, out on Lakewood Beach. My wife grew up in the house on the lake as a kid, and her mom moved into town when my father in law passed away. We've used the cottage for about 5 years......have done some canoeing and occasionally brought my Larson down for a few days at a time, but this is the first year I serviced the old 4 hp motor and strapped it to the 14' tinner and just go out every time we head down to the lake. And literally, I go 200-400' offshore and catch something different every time. This coming spring, I'm hoping to have it on the water early for the walleye. I'd like to head over to Holiday beach...there are still some perch apparently hiding in the weeds offshore there. Cheers!
Ken

very very nice Ken!!!...when growing up as a kid I spent my entire summers down at my Nanas cottage in port Stanley down west on Edith Cavell have way up on the clay cliffs...I remember catching the smelt and perch right off our beach...I also seen are neighbours catches.. fishing the abundant lake erie walleye and salmon...I said one day I will have my own boat and become a fisherman on Lake Erie...well thats how my future unfolded as I bought my new boat at 25 years old and became a Erie sport fisherman...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks