Off Topic London boat show

F Kempf

Just got back from the London Boat show. Can't afford a $50,000 Lund so I will be content to fish with my trusted Proline for another season.

Attachments

• 3B82D315-31B1-494B-BA65-C1F7DE450CE6.jpeg
    3B82D315-31B1-494B-BA65-C1F7DE450CE6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
hey everyone is getting the soft water itch!!!!!! Same here....F Kempf where did you get your T top for your proline..???? I have a buddy who is looking for the same thing....

Both good boats. Guess the model and size will be the deciding factor. I bought an alumacraft last year and am very impressed with it. Solid well built and takes heavy water good.

Alumacraft vs Lund

Pros and cons ??
No comparison at all. Lunds are the best hands down especially the older Lunds.

I would say princecraft is better than alumnacraft and well. Just my opinion after owing all 3 at various times. All great boats and worlds ahead of Legend etc. Pricnecraft is made in Canada another bonus.

Our choice was pretty simple to choose which boat to buy, out of the 2 different booths only one salesman approached us.

Had 3 Princecrafts the last one was a 17'6 Platinum that was in getting rivets 3 times, would never own another. You would be shocked at the workmanship under the floor. Man they can cover things up under carpet. I own a older 2005 Lund now much quieter solid boat in the water. Have a few buds that have bought newer Lunds and the quality control workmanship has gone out the door. Alumacraft was built in the states but from what I heard they are Canadian now. Buddy had an older Alumacraft, that sure was a solid boat.
But that's my opinion from guys I know that own those boats.

Had 3 Princecrafts the last one was a 17'6 Platinum that was in getting rivets 3 times, would never own another. You would be shocked at the workmanship under the floor. Man they can cover things up under carpet. I own a older 2005 Lund now much quieter solid boat in the water. Have a few buds that have bought newer Lunds and the quality control workmanship has gone out the door. Alumacraft was built in the states but from what I heard they are Canadian now. Buddy had an older Alumacraft, that sure was a solid boat.
But that's my opinion from guys I know that own those boats.
My alumacraft is in scrap yard now ! My princecraft has been ultra reliable and zero complaints. Coupled with the Honda outboard it's never gave me a second trouble. Everybody has had good boats of various makes. I have heard Lund has started going cheaper now though. I would be comfortable buying another 30k princecraft

After being apart of the lund owners group on Facebook and all the rotted transoms in new boats not sure I would be choosing lund
I saw all of that @bryonfromTilly about the rotting transoms in the new boats on Facebook as well when I was a member of the Lund owners group on Facebook back then,(I signed off facebook awhile back),and I couldn’t get a straight answer from my dealer,if my transom was rotting out as well,because my paint on the transom was starting to “bubble up” on my 2009 18.5 foot Pro-V Lund that I bought brand new.I will post some photo’s of my paint bubbling up on my transom.Just a question @bryonfromTilly to you and other members,would you consider a 2009 Lund boat as a new boat? Thanks in advance for your opinion’s.128681286912870128711287212873I am just wondering what year the transoms on the Lund boat’s were starting to rot out.The dealer assured me that it was just the paint oxidizing with the aluminum that would cause the bubbling up of the paint on my transom.The dealer basically just told me to sand down the bubble,and dab it with paint,and all is well. Since I am the original owner of my boat,I have a lifetime warranty on my boat,but in case I do need a new transom,it will be interesting to see if the Lund warranty will cover all of this.I hope that I don’t have to go down that road,and I am hoping like the dealer said,that it is just the paint bubbling up,and fingers crossed!! ??

Last edited:
@Shadz a good point! Boats aren’t cheap,and you definitely don’t want to be stuck with a lemon,such as rivets leaking,etc.
Check those rivets with a magnet. They're most likely steel, your magnet will prove me right or wrong. If they are steel and are used on aluminum, you will see corrosion happening at those points as you always will with dissimilar metals over a period of time.

Check those rivets with a magnet. They're most likely steel, your magnet will prove me right or wrong. If they are steel and are used on aluminum, you will see corrosion happening at those points as you always will with dissimilar metals over a period of time.
@Shadz they are not rivet’s that are being used in the transom,(see photo’s),that I posted,but likely aluminum screws.Either way,I will use a magnet as you suggested,and thanks for your time and help. ;)?:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks