Fishing Report Live Report: Lake Nippissing

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
First ice trip for the season for me this time as my other son stayed home😂. This is will be home for the next 4-5 days and staying out on the ice. Sitting on a good solid 14” of ice
Stay tuned for updated reports to be followed.

Attachments

• IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6535.jpeg
    IMG_6535.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 96
Well yesterdays ordeal turned south on us putting in overnight stay to an end.
Around 6:00 pm Brandon made a run in and almost got there. His quad went into limp mode and a coolant line blew off one of the cylinders. This now wasn’t going to be an easy repair and I’m almost 5 km out in the ice.
Dam good thing we had connections here, the hut just behind us which Brandon knew gave me a ride back in on UTV.
Going back a couple of years we meet a guy from up here that was in Long Point duck hunting and we have been in contact since then.
We ended up taking the quad back to his heated shop to repair the quad and was offered to spend the night. But we declined and went back into North Bay and got a room for the night and a late night pizza dinner. A big $hit show turned around for us and we are back out on the ice now.
But at least I was able to ice a small under size walleye.
Hopefully day #2 is in our favour……today’s report will be added later today/tonight. Stay tuned!!!!
IMG_6536.jpeg

Sunday February 25th Update

The day went well for us and few snow flurries went through.
Total fish up to now is 30 perch 19 walleye caught with only 1 keeper. Caught a few under size that were so close to the slot (40-45cm) Too bad we couldn’t keep the 26.5” walleye but it was nice to release it. That makes are biggest (me) and our smallest(Brandon)
It’s dinner time on the ice now with bbq burgers and potatoe salad. Tomorrow it might perch for lunch time snack😂
Stay tuned for more reports to come, cause we aren’t giving up till Tuesday/wednesday. Weather for cast up here is calling for rain sometime Tuesday and we will call it done.
IMG_6553.jpegIMG_6552.jpegIMG_6549.jpeg

Nice feed of perch mister.. making me get itchy to get the boat ready sooner then later.
Best of luck to you on the rest of the trip.

Sunday February 25th Update

The day went well for us and few snow flurries went through.
Total fish up to now is 30 perch 19 walleye caught with only 1 keeper. Caught a few under size that were so close to the slot (40-45cm) Too bad we couldn’t keep the 26.5” walleye but it was nice to release it. That makes are biggest (me) and our smallest(Brandon)
It’s dinner time on the ice now with bbq burgers and potatoe salad. Tomorrow it might perch for lunch time snack😂
Stay tuned for more reports to come, cause we aren’t giving up till Tuesday/wednesday. Weather for cast up here is calling for rain sometime Tuesday and we will call it done.
View attachment 84648View attachment 84649View attachment 84650
It looks like that you both are having a great time in the “Great White North” @Three Bouys & Brandon. 👍That’s a good looking walleye @Three Bouys and of course the batch of perch as well!! 👍 What size would those perch be? They look huge,and enjoy the rest of your trip to you both,and your fish fry as well! 🐟🐟😋👍🙂

It looks like that you both are having a great time in the “Great White North” @Three Bouys & Brandon. 👍That’s a good looking walleye @Three Bouys and of course the batch of perch as well!! 👍 What size would those perch be? They look huge,and enjoy the rest of your trip to you both,and your fish fry as well! 🐟🐟😋👍🙂
They are all pretty close to same size range 11-13”. There is a couple smaller ones but the big ones makes them look small. Diffently not one throw back.
This one was early this morning while still in bed😂😂😂

IMG_6557.jpeg

Monday February 26 Update

Today was a little different. Had to take my truck into Ford dealership. Rear brake pads were starting to squeal. There is 2 Ford dealerships here and wouldn’t you know it, neither of them would take my truck in for service due to being too busy or not enough mechanics on duty 🤬🤬 But I ended up taking to a garage that was recommended.
They immediately took me in considering the drive I have to make.
Easily repaired due to a big stone stuck in my brake caliper. Enough of this $hit but fishing again didn’t disappoint us.
Took a break from fishing and ended up at another hut for fresh perch tacos and copius amounts of 🍺🍺🍺
As I’m texting this report we currently stand at another 29 perch and finally another keeper walleye 44.5 cm.
Not going to bed yet till we break yesterdays 30 perch report
Stay tuned for tomorrow report. It’s going to be a short day due to some rain coming later in the afternoon.
Wednesday is going to be a different day for us for an opportunity that we can’t turn down. Details to follow later.
IMG_6566.jpeg

Update to last night catch. It dropped right off but we managed to tie yesterday’s perch count.
This is Brandon first catch of the morning 20.5” and back down the hole it went🥲
Starting to get a little rain here and thunder in the distance that’s not going last long.
IMG_6569.jpeg

Tuesday February 27 final report

Time to say good bye to Lake Nippissing the ice fishing was astounding considering the mechanical issues we had.
As usual even the weather man can 🤬up the weather report here as well. Forecasted rain was going to miss us. WRONG!!! It hit us hard with hail about the size of peas and heavy down pours. There were bouts of 4 heavy down fall of rain. We took advantage to quickly pack up and head in while the the stopped. There was so much rainfall our ice fishing holes were whirlpools with the flooded rainfall on the ice. We were almost packed up and another storm hit us again. That 5 km ride back in wasn’t the most enjoyable ride. Each storm passing through had lots of lightning. It was a good thing our Sitka hunting clothing kept us dry.

So our final catch for trip was 82 large perch and 2 walleyes. Threw back 25 walleye that didn’t meet the slot size.

As for tomorrow’s venture as I mentioned earlier is that we are our getting a private tour of a fish hatchery here through a good hunting/ice fishing/friend that works there. I’ll see if pictures are allowed and post them separately from this thread.

IMG_6576.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks