Fishing Report Live Port Burpwell with @hvyhaul -July 31

It was worse than 'dat @Schmick... I had to look down once because I felt I was being undressed:shame:. He was kind enough to hand me the rod with a hooked fish once in a while, just so I knew how it felt to haul one in,

It appears it is time for a rebuttal. :unsure:

@stomp was offered the first fish and he declined. WTF?

His live report was quite the focus, but periodically we did get a response from him.

bobphone.jpg

Haven't had anyone stand up in the boat before with their arm, phone in hand, straight up in the air trying to upload a picture to 6-8 before.

And while @stomp 's intermittent attention may have made it appear port drastically out fished starboard, the notes are relatively equal.

One thing of note, starboard produced this rainbow, which somehow we convinced @stomp to reel in.

View attachment bobvideo.mp4

I can also state with confidence @stomp is 3 for 3 reeling in sheep on the day.

Even he couldn't lose one. LOL

Here is another pic of @stomp reeling in another starboard fish. Likely the largest walleye. :giggle:

bob2.jpg

Fishing was good, but not as hot and heavy as one likes when a guest is on board but the total count was beyond our allowed so a few (smalls) were released during the trip and 18 and 1 were brought to shore.

@stomp was a lot of fun. He and my neighbour joined together at my expense, but what the hell, I think it was in good fun. :unsure::oops:

Here's the box after moving some of the bled fish from the livewell.

thebox.jpg

Love seeing stuff like this on the Simrad, unfortunately this one took a pass.

bobgo7.jpg

Here's the boss with his cooler just before heading back home.

bob1.jpg

@stomp said he felt uncomfortable. Imagine turning around to this on your boat. :eek:

bobmsk.jpg

Bob I, actually both The Neighbour and I enjoyed your company, you fit in quickly and I wouldn't hesitate, well maybe I'd think about it for a bit, to invite you for another venture in the future.

I too enjoyed the company @hvyhaul, the box of gold at the end, and having some fun at the Captain’s expense😉. It was great to see your dipsy program operate successfully. I guess it just seemed like Bill was hooking up every time I looked up from my phone! 😎! I would be glad to come along again if you two ever need someone to haul in your 🐑👤. Most guys that take me out hand me the 10 colour lead core pole, so 🐑👤on a dipsy was a huge upgrade!

@G.Mech : I seen on the police report they are still searching for the boat and the captain, and are wanting public input. Hope this case is closed soon.

"Some fun", that's a good one! 🤪

No, Bill is very good on the boat and likes using WHs, which have times of great success.

A few starboard were small and were released at the side of the boat never needing the net.

He does school me from time to time, AND lets me know. LOL

The notes are mine so they probably aren't worth the paper they are printed on. LOL

The catch is always split equally no matter who catches what and the guest gets to pick the fish they take home.

I think you are just upset with me for having you reel in a couple of dipsys that didn't trip after a smack. LOL 😞

Lead core is for guests but it doesn't really work with 5 dipsys without using a board(s) so you got the day off.

Definitely wuz Funday. 😁

Last edited:
Glad you guys did well . We got there in time for the lock jaw hrs . Marked tonnes of fish between 43'-53' . Fished 30' down and the bottom but they wouldn't take . That was me that hollered from the pontoon boat heading out.

Glad you guys did well . We got there in time for the lock jaw hrs . Marked tonnes of fish between 43'-53' . Fished 30' down and the bottom but they wouldn't take . That was me that hollered from the pontoon boat heading out.

Ah ok, I seem to have more people who recognize the boat (6-8 sticker) in the river LOL than the other way around.

We suffered through lock jaw as well, considered pulling the plug and going in light but as luck would have it, there were a number of cooperative fish that filled out the scorecard.

I wish I took a photo of my finder screen after we stopped and went for a swim there was a solid line down around 30-40ft
Assuming was school of walleye suspended

I love noticing a fish coming up towards the baits. More than once there's a smack and a bow going crazy out back.

Unfortunately there are more hooks diving down away from the baits than the other.

This year we've had a couple of bows on, jump, throw the hook and immediately hook up on another bait in the water.

Don't know if it's the same one or not, but it is pretty exciting. LOL

Nice fishing there @Could get Ugly 👍👍 please leave me/us some walleye’s & rainbow’s!! 🤣😂😉 Myself and likely others as well,can’t wait to see your photo’s & read your fishing report from your day out fishing today. Tight lines & Fish ON!! to the rest of your day!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍😎
Sorry Red Hering. That was my post. We lost number 8 near the boat. She was huge too. Couldn’t get pass 7. Fished from 6am to 1:30. Didn’t take any photos as phones were buried. The boat ramp was a zoo. Some guy side swiped us as we were tied up and going for the truck. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough. Too many first timers heading out.

fished out of burwell in am 645 lines in and out by 12. Headed straight out to 58' and dropped 2 dipseys back 65 and 80 with spoons and gold RRF and kept moving them back over time to 120, and 4 boards with deep diving bombers in blueberry muffin and blue/silver/red back 120-140'. Started picking up eyes in 60' on the bombers and rods going off steady in 62-64'. 90% came off the boards. Let a bunch of 2lb fish go and filled 3 limits of nice eyes. let one 7lb go but no real monsters. 90% of fish came off the bombers and deep diving rapalas in same blue, silver, red colors.

I tossed around the idea of going out into the 60s to fish but hoped it wasn't necessary.

Was out there the trip before, and it's a long ride back in. LOL

Couda, wouda, shoulda.

Oh, well, still got the fish, and keeping @stomp out longer allowed for more quality conversation. 🤪 🌻

Sorry Red Hering. That was my post. We lost number 8 near the boat. She was huge too. Couldn’t get pass 7. Fished from 6am to 1:30. Didn’t take any photos as phones were buried. The boat ramp was a zoo. Some guy side swiped us as we were tied up and going for the truck. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough. Too many first timers heading out.
Sorry to read about the boat being side swiped 👎👎😒!! @Could get Ugly I rant occasionally about busy boat ramp’s & weekends of course being the busiest,especially during the “prime” holiday season,and as you mentioned,too many first timers there as well heading out!! Is there much damage to the boat? Either way,that’s not good of course!! 👎👎😒 All in all,not too bad of a morning of walleye fishing with 7 walleye’s caught in total. Thanks for your fishing report & hopefully you will be back out there on the lake soon again,and this time,you might get past the 7th walleye this time!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞🤞👍😎

Oh, well, still got the fish, and keeping @stomp out longer allowed for more quality conversation.
Yeah, I was ready to pull out my notepad @hvyhaul ...
Lay Down Round Table GIF by Disciple

Hey @hvyhaul, I stopped by to see my aunt and uncle yesterday, both in their early 90s, who I haven't seen much recently due to the pandemic. They love fish, so they were thrilled to receive my catch, which netted out to 3+ lbs. of bled, cleaned, and zippered walleye. It may not have been a hvyhaul, but it was a quality haul which they appreciated (and so did I). Thanks again for the day on the water!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks