Little Bay/Booth's Harbour

crackard420

Hey guys, was out the other day by St. Williams. East of Booth's there is a marsh with a small inlet called little bay. Is waterfowl hunting allowed near this area? Heard many people talk about good duck hunting out this way but the other end of this marsh ends up at TP marina and I didn't think you could hunt the spots west of Turkey Point. Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

The area I am talking about is outlined in black. Thanks again guys.

Attachments

• s Harbour.png
    s Harbour.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 39
That area is Turkey Point Company and a few other private clubs. You'll see the signs in the fall. Definitely no trespassing.

where exactly can and cant we go in that area? mike says no trespassing ship wrecked says not good hunting...for all I know you guys are protecting your best spots :p I would just like to know where I can legally hunt in this area thanks guys

Come fall you'll see the signs. You can hunt outside of the postings but they are quite a ways out, open water stuff.

The postings are roughly 200 yards from shore all the way around. This is what I seen last year.

Hello Crackard 420,

A few points supporting what Mike Kunkel, Pinchel and Ship Wrecked have stated:

1) These guys are not "protecting" their "best spots".

a) This area is definitely part of the Turkey Point Company and other hunting clubs or owned by individuals.

b) This area is adequately posted with signs in the fall but you can hunt outside the signs.

2) Remember that you must be within 300 meters (metres) of emergent vegetation while hunting within the inner bay ... so this is an "open water" area. I suspect that this is the area that Ship Wrecked was referring to.

3) Periodically a small private part of the Turkey Point Marsh is for sale. I took a look at a "slice" of this marsh (about 100 feet by 1600 feet) a few years ago.

4) There is also public hunting along the North Shore from the west end of the Turkey Point Company to the mouth of Big Creek. However there is some privately owned marsh between Port Rowan and Big Creek ... watch for the signs that are posted in the fall and stay outside of them.

Hope that clarifies and confirms a few things for you.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks