Legend 18xtr troller

Nautibouy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I am wondering if anyone has the legend 18xtr troller.. I would like to get your review of it.. if possible to see the set up and just have a few questions on it.
thanks
Steve

Most legend packages come seriously underpowered to keep the price down. Don't fall victim to that marketing, get the most motor you can afford. You may find alot of boats are in the same price range once you upgrade the motor to appropriate size on the Legend..

Josh

As mentioned above the legends tend to come way underpowered. I looked at ALOT of boats before deciding on my tracker Targa with the 150 VS same size boats with smaller engines and usually higher prices. I dont think I would want any less then a 150. just my 2 cents

Thanks Targa and Josh, yes I do know legend comes with the less then ideal horsepower.. but it’s the type of boat that I like .. what I mean is, the prince craft kapture 187 and the legend 18xtr troller are so far the only 2 boats that I have found to be the style I am looking for. Besides going to a glass boat of the trolling nature.. where I can walk right to the back and net a fish no platform if I was to go with a legend it would probably be with a 115 on it but I wonder how slow would the boat troll down too. Yes I would love to have a kicker on but need a little bit more pretty pennies to start with that is something I can upgrade at a later date.. right now I have a 16 with a 60 and troll right down to 1.4..
just have to find someone that has bought a legend or the prince craft kapture. I know people have mentioned the prince craft is a rougher ride in the waves.. I am more curious on the how they have set up their boats..
Thanks for your help guys really appreciate it
Thanks
Steve
Aka nitewatcher

Umm little confused on what the last bit of info has to do with the boats or even with this thread ...
not into having an issue.. and thank you rockin yes I agree extra peace of mind knowing I have a back up plan
Thanks guys

Thanks Targa and Josh, yes I do know legend comes with the less then ideal horsepower.. but it’s the type of boat that I like .. what I mean is, the prince craft kapture 187 and the legend 18xtr troller are so far the only 2 boats that I have found to be the style I am looking for. Besides going to a glass boat of the trolling nature.. where I can walk right to the back and net a fish no platform if I was to go with a legend it would probably be with a 115 on it but I wonder how slow would the boat troll down too. Yes I would love to have a kicker on but need a little bit more pretty pennies to start with that is something I can upgrade at a later date.. right now I have a 16 with a 60 and troll right down to 1.4..
just have to find someone that has bought a legend or the prince craft kapture. I know people have mentioned the prince craft is a rougher ride in the waves.. I am more curious on the how they have set up their boats..
Thanks
Steve
Aka nitewatcher
I got the sport 172 compared to a legend 17 '
That my friend got we both think princecraft is a better boat. I have no problem in waves
Been in some 5' plus on Erie a couple times
Last year looked at the kapture I like the way it's set up but the price to upgrade is not in budget at this time
I trolled with my 115 hp as low as 1.9 mph
Also I used the bow mount trolling motor for resistance when off turned sideways .and to adjust /fine tune speed when needed little more . Still do it with my kicker now it helps with steering as well
Good luck on your purchase and enjoy

Umm little confused on what the last bit of info has to do with the boats or even with this thread ...
not into having an issue.. and thank you rockin yes I agree extra peace of mind knowing I have a back up plan
Thanks guys
You were hijacked
The thread that is

I have a legend 18 Excalibur with a 115hp and got the troll control module on it so bring the rpms down to 600 i believe. Gets me all the way down to 0.8. Its alot cheaper then a trolling motor, its no pro fishing boat but i can limit out a 4 man trip to erie in 2 hours and dance with the Kings and lakers on lake O. Imo it does the job, love it

Thank you Ticker and Danny
For the info it sure helps.. I was wondering if the 115 would get low enough and it seems it does and good to know on the troll control module I will look into that as well ..
thank you everyone for your help

The 115 should get you down close, but I’m assuming you’ll have an electric trolling motor in the package as well? (I know you indicated holding off on a kicker etc) my prince craft 177 is trolled with the electric for the slow early season speeds with NO issue. Once it kicks up (before I added my 9.9 kicker) the 115 trolls at those speeds no problem. Good luck

Thank you Willisride for the info .. yes I would have an electric as well.. I know it will do some of the very slow trolling
Well this weekend I will stop in to see more of the legend since it’s the closest to me ... maybe next week stop in to see the prince craft again
Thanks for your help

Another option for an ideal aluminum trolling boat with the set up you’re looking for is the Lund sport angler... looks to be ideal for salmon/walleye trolling. Comes in an 18’ model as well. Not sure on pricing, but it is a Lund so I’m sure it won’t be cheap...

I like my 18 XTR. It is not the troller setup up. I think you actually loose more room in my opinion with the big well at the back. I have a 115 XSPRO and 9.9 Pro kicker wtih helm control. Works great. I have no complaints,
I can run a six rod setup out of it no problem, with my track system.

Thanks
Steve
Aka nitewatcher
I have an 18Xtreme with a 90HP. It will not troll under 2mph without using a trolling plate. It can be a bit of an issue in the spring but once the water warms up I don’t use the trolling plate and still have much success (walleye). Lots of boats I would liked to have bought, but ultimately comes down to what you can afford.

Love my Legend I have it set up the way I want now. I do run a kicker and a trolling motor on the front. Kicker is a nice insurance policy should something happen with the big one.

Attachments

• arch.jpg
    arch.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Boat 2020.jpg
    Boat 2020.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 45
Thank you Jnorris I was looking at Lund but could not find the style that helped will check them out as well. Hey Red I know which will I go with decisions decisions.. thank you Kia for the info. It helps it’s the set up I am probably going to go with with the motors. And yes fish-hawk that is so true, I will have to wait before I can add the kicker.. Reel your boat is probably be going to be somewhat similar to my style.. thank you for the pics
Thank you everyone for your help
The final decision will come later after more research.. I do appreciate everyone’s input.. gives me ideas and see what I can get with the best bang for my buck
Thanks guys
Steve
Aka nitewatcher
See you guys on the water

Most legend packages come seriously underpowered to keep the price down. Don't fall victim to that marketing, get the most motor you can afford. You may find alot of boats are in the same price range once you upgrade the motor to appropriate size on the Legend..

Josh

I looked at Legends and found the same thing . The price for the package advertised is underpowered . I also did a lot of reading and found a lot of people had customer service issues with legend . I ended up going with a Smokercraft very pleased with it .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks