Learning the drift

Jay

He’s getting into the swing of things this fall. Starting small but persistence is paying off. Only a matter of time before he hooks a good one!

Attachments

• B5BE0C94-B009-40E3-B787-8A191384F2C1.jpeg
    B5BE0C94-B009-40E3-B787-8A191384F2C1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 183
  • 0E8EF7B8-41D5-45E2-B208-548A8E625D46.jpeg
    0E8EF7B8-41D5-45E2-B208-548A8E625D46.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
  • ACD2DAE4-3C2A-4F6A-9011-99E2F99CED38.jpeg
    ACD2DAE4-3C2A-4F6A-9011-99E2F99CED38.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 169
WHAT KIND OF FATHER ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR POOR KID? You are introducing him to a lifetime addiction that only grows with time. You should be ashamed of yourself! What we don't know doesn't hurt us. Please don't subject the poor lad to this insanity. If it hasn't started already, first symptoms include an infatuation with weather reports, a constant need to look at every passing piece of water as you cross a bridge while heading anywhere. Next you'll find him surfing tackle and wading options over the internet.... I could go on but, we all have seen the growth of this...……..infection. Please stop this NOW. Buy the poor kid a video game and let him be. It is totally irresponsible in my opinion to subject our young to fresh air, the sights and sounds of the REAL world and a passion that only time and memory fade can take away.??

Last edited:
Jay you better start saying your nickels now so you can buy him his first float rod and reel setup in the next year or two.

Reactions: Jay
Jay, Congrats on getting him into the art/science of the rivers! Never a better way to bond with your son than sharing a drift, watching the float drop and seeing the smiles in the pictures.
In about 8 years i will have my 6 month on the river right beside me!

@Stick not to mention he’s using up all my gear, tangling lines and more! Heck...he also likes to “high hole” me and doesn’t share drifts well...especially after I land one. Dang kids today! Sheesh. ;)

@champ he surely has learned quick how to read the river. He’s learning how to fish each seam and he’s coming up with his own rhythm with each day. He’s not landed a big fish yet but he cherishes being my ‘net man’ and I look forward to the day when I’m swinging the net to land his first good one. Only a matter of time. His patience and persistence at 11 years old is great to see.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks