Layout hunt at LWP

Gosh Donald....wish I was either rich or Young cause I am niether

But glad to know that the directors know more than everyone else around. There is a reason why some choose not to become part of the Unit culture. You should think about that a bit.

Boy Donald with all that duck hunting expertise you have you should take up duck carving and maybe you can start with that oversized chip on your shoulder ?

Hey, I kill lots of divers but it isn't at the unit for some of the reasons noted. When I started hunting the unit about 25 years ago we had some good hunts in a floating setup that I seem to recall was in Coletta Bay. I would like to see an opportunity to hunt in open water as well.

Paul

WOW! with the kind of attitudes demonstrated by some of the above posts (without singling anyone out) it won't be long before there is no hunting at the unit.

Scott

Guys
Since the idea of a post in the open water is a concern to the park .Perhaps if we suggest using small barrels that are anchored and have some reflective tape or a flasher on them and a number . Would be safer and a marker barrel is more in line with standard navigation markers . then guys could tie off to the barrel ?

GH

quote:
Originally posted by kicks

Guys
.Perhaps if we suggest using small barrels that are anchored and have some reflective tape or a flasher on them and a number .
GH

That sounds like it would work.

Paul

I agree, sounds like the barrel idea may work ? Also extending the shooting range if you are using a layout boat ?

Also to Young Donald and all those on the Blind Committee; Most of us know that being on the Blind Committee along with being on the Board of Directors is a thankless job. I have and will always heap praise on those that undertake such a task until such time I can devote myself...all I can say is THANKS and keep up the good work !

sincerely;
Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

P.S.; A qoute from the front page of the LPWA Spring Letter.

"Abnormally cold temperatures again severly restricted hunting opportunities and we owe a debt of gratitude to Susstaining Members for supporting public huntingand the Long Point Waterfowl Management Unit.Without Sustaining Memberships the loss of revenue for most of December would make it almost impossible to cover operating expenses."

Unqoute.

We all do what we can because we love hunting at Long Point and this is our commen bond.

Again,sincerely;
Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

Chris

Probably extending the hunting area limit straight out from a pre-existing stake is the best answer for Layout hunters. You could put the boat let's say 300 meters from the stake and hide the tender at the stake in the weedline. That way the tender does not negatively effect other shooting positions. That would work very well for 17...25...31...33...and 34 for sure.

Gar

Depends Chris.... They could safely shoot for sure...but some might just want to let the "box" work and have fun that way. Me...more into the experiance at the time as compared to just piling them up. The tender should be right at the stake to do any shooting to keep it safe and fair.

Sorry....I guess when I wrote that I had #17 in my mind and thought a boatblind beside the point and the layout further out. I see your point , let the layout do it's job !

Any shooting point that has the open water in front it should be sufficient enough to use layout hunt. How far off the water does LPWU owns? Use that water area for layout? I understand the liability of getting run over by other boats during the dark mornings and evenings. There must be some way to post a marker or something to let boaters know about the layout. It would be a great way and fun to use the layout boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks