Largemouth Sept 9

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I headed out on the bay last night to fish for some pike. I was in a bass tourney on sun and caught quite a few nice pike including an 8 and 9 lb. on the weedbeds sw of the north channel. En route the glass calm water was tempting me to throw a topwater on weed puffs so I gave it a whirl. What a night. Landed 20-25 buckets all on a zara spook. These two were 3.5 and 4.6lbs. Sorry about the crappy photo.

Nice Buckets spilliardI,& your Dog seems to thing so also.;)You gotta Love Bass Fishing,especially when you can catch 20-25 Bass on Topwater.Less Boat Traffic on the Bay after the Labour Day Weekend,makes the Fish less Spooky.It will only get Better.Come on Fall Season!!:) Keep on BASSIN !!

So now I know. I brought a couple of zara spooks back from Florida intending to see if they worked up here but never got a chance as the water was always pretty choppy.
They sure drove the big bass in Florida nuts.

It's true angler. The water has to be pretty calm for them to dial in on it but when it is calm they hammer it. Its a lot of fun. I don't touch another bait when the water is glass calm like that. It seems that the bigger bass will hit it. I get some smaller ones too but those big ones love topwater.

Thanks for the report Spillard. Well done! I always enjoy your reports and have learned alot about fishing largies in the bay from you.
Jeff

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks