Lake superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the point in drinking an alcoholic iced tea and only one of them
Would rather just drink Regular nestea skip the search and questions and hassle and fine for having open alcohol on board whether drunk or not

Wow! Suprised by the guys that think its no big deal. Yes, theres only one can in the picture but in reality its pretty rare for anyone to have just one drink. Guess the same people are all ok with Alcohol being consumed on our roadways? How would you react to someone driving around your neighbourhood with a beer in hand while your kids are walking to school? And you do all realize its 100%, without question, against the law? Having a few on a remote backwoods lake or fly in on a small boat where the only person your going to harm is yourself is fine by me. Id just rather not share the water with anyone under the influence. I've seen far too much stupid shit on the water....

Josh

Last edited:
Yep, that’s exactly what leaving that there meant :rolleyes:
Wow! Suprised by the guys that think its no big deal. Yes, theres only one can in the picture but in reality its pretty rare for anyone to have just one drink. Guess the same people are all ok with Alcohol being consumed on our roadways? How would you react to someone driving around your neighbourhood with a beer in hand while your kids are walking to school? And you do all realize its 100%, without question, against the law? Having a few on a remote backwoods lake or fly in on a small boat where the only person your going to harm is yourself is fine by me. Id just rather not share the water with anyone under the influence. I've seen far too much stupid shit on the water....

Josh

Josh I was just looking at this guy with a nice fish. Just like I appreciate your pictures. No one likes impaired boaters. But we've have jumped to alot of conclusion over a can of twisted ice tea. I actually like your attitude for disapproval of impaired boating make no mistake about it. Same with you Derkd9. Yes I know it's the law and I do know a few things about the law. But the best crown attorney can not get a conviction on this picture.

Beautiful fish! Awesome job boys! Don’t let the haters spoil your great success. They like to do that on this site anymore. Better post where you were and waypoints or you will get roasted over it🤣

Cop sees that he’ll search the whole boat
And people be getting breathalyzer test and likely a driving with influence charge
Don’t care who you are or what you think it’s the law

good luck with that excuse in court lol
I’ll just play it safe and not drink and boat

Likely not for 1 drink. Cops are more than welcome to search his boat but he wont be arrested so no court involved. Derkd9 there is a ton of case laws when it comes to impairment of a motor vehicle. It's long and boring but feel free private message me about it. You said it best, it wont be an issue for you because your not impaired boating, so nothing to worry about.

I feel sorry for the handlebars having to go through a twisted tea...come on guys grow up...nothings soaks better on a stache then some Walker (jameson very close second)....jk. nice fish guys

Nice Fish.. I just got back from Horwood lake near Timmins and the weather there was bloody awful with high wind and a lot of rain and I mean a lot! Glad your trip turned out great!

Likely not for 1 drink. Cops are more than welcome to search his boat but he wont be arrested so no court involved. Derkd9 there is a ton of case laws when it comes to impairment of a motor vehicle. It's long and boring but feel free private message me about it. You said it best, it wont be an issue for you because your not impaired boating, so nothing to worry about.

I've been ticketed by the MNR for open liquor for a few unopened coolers in a cooler on the Bayfield river ;) You can bet your ass if the OPP or MNR pull over your boat while your fishing and theres booze on board your getting a ticket, impaired or not. They dont take drinking and boating lightly. And yes, a bottle or can can be considered open as soon as it's removed from its packaging, doesnt need to be cracked...

I'm honestly not sure if some here just think the laws are a joke or they are unaware of them. Either way, maybe this is a good place for a reminder. In a nutshell here are the regulations.....

1. It is illegal to consume alcohol in a moving boat.
  2. It is illegal to consume alcohol in a boat unless it is also a residence.
  3. It is legal to carry alcohol on a boat as long as it is either sealed or stowed away in a closed container.
  4. It is illegal to operate a motor boat while impaired by alcohol. Federal criminal code penalties apply.
  5. Ontario Highway Traffic Act penalties for a federal conviction for operating a boat while impaired do not apply
I'm not gonna ad any more on the subject. Again, nice fish! I haven't been up to that spot in several years, sure is time for a visit!

Last edited:
Josh

open liquor is a provincial offence.

Impaired is a criminal offence.

2 different courts. One cost not so much, the other costs a good lawyer.

Explain the packaging part if you dont mind. If you got an open liquor for closed container I'd say you should of had your day in court. If me and you are going to a boat in cottage. We load our boat full of unopened beer, we are fine till one of us opens a traveler.

The MNR or O.P.P can lay charges but you do have options on the back of that ticket.

Say you had a 2-4 of beer and the box is opened. Half are gone. You are transporting the remaining 12 full unopened bottles in that case....that can be considered open alcohol like it or not. How do they know you haven't just tossed the empties overboard? Best to play it safe on the water...

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks