Lake o

Tyler0420

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone fishing lake O this weekend? Is it better to fish the south shore or bronte?

Anyone fishing lake O this weekend? Is it better to fish the south shore or bronte?
I won't be out for another week.

From past experience I believe south shore would be more productive.

So I would consider launching at Jordan or Port Dalhousie.

Look at a map and head towards the creek and river mouths ....
If you can find a warmer water coming into the lake ....troll the mudline

What’s the best baits to use early season? I’m just usually using crank baits

Small stick baits. On your way out stop in at Grimsby Tackle for advice.

I drove by Dalhousie this morning cause I was visiting my son who is in college in Niagara. There was no shortage of boats already in the water. Pulling the ‘prestige worldwide’ outta storage next Saturday and hopefully outta Dalhousie a few days later?

We went out of grimsby. Seen two boats and two other kayakers. Water temp was 37-39f. We fished 7-15fow with Berkeley flicker minnows and j13. 7-8fow was where we caught them and Firetiger was the color of choice today. First time in my life catching on that color pattern. All fish were caught in the same 50’ radius.
so after 3 years of trying for early spring bite the skunk is finally off my back.

Attachments

• image000003.jpeg
    image000003.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 127
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image000006.jpeg
    image000006.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4069.jpeg
    IMG_4069.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 114
Can you go target these with a normal 6.6 rod and reel or are you at risk of getting spooled? Having something bigger come in? Im not fart from jorden and grimsby and would bice to go check out see what i could catch out that way instead of the grand
Thanks

Last edited:
Can you go target these with a normal 6.6 rod and reel or are you at risk of getting spooled? Having something bigger come in? Im not fart from jorden and grimsby and would bice to go check out see what i could catch out that way instead of the grand
Thanks
Shore or boat fishing?
They’re close enough to catch from shore but a longer rod would be ideal for casting distance.
Boat fishing, any bass gear will do. You could get into some lakers and kings so being spooled could be an option. Browns you just reel in pretty much unless they’re big.
Go out with a 3000 series reel and you should be fine. Hook a king and might have to chase it down.

My buddy caught the biggest brown of the day on a 8’6” spin rod with 3000 series reel flat lining a J13.

Last edited:
Thanks ive never targeted trout or samlon before i only have 6.6 spining rods from crappy t but i was thinki g the jyak or canoe because i dont have gas nor have i started my outboad up yet this season

Thanks ive never targeted trout or samlon before i only have 6.6 spining rods from crappy t but i was thinki g the jyak or canoe because i dont have gas nor have i started my outboad up yet this season
Pick a south wind and head out. Remember the water is still very cold and should not be taken lightly. My yak is made for big water trolling and the lake was pretty much flat all day. Tiny rollers later in the day.

Stay safe and hope you catch some.

We went out of grimsby. Seen two boats and two other kayakers. Water temp was 37-39f. We fished 7-15fow with Berkeley flicker minnows and j13. 7-8fow was where we caught them and Firetiger was the color of choice today. First time in my life catching on that color pattern. All fish were caught in the same 50’ radius.
so after 3 years of trying for early spring bite the skunk is finally off my back.
Amazing photo’s & also great fishing @Tyler0420 to you both!! 👍👍 Congratulations 🥳 as well,about getting the skunk 🦨 off,after 3 years of trying for an early spring bite! Thanks for sharing & please keep those fishing report’s coming! 👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks