Fishing Report Lake O today + question about the "etiquette"

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A picture after lockdown worth a thousands of words... Jordan marina. Luhr Jensen rainbow cowbell with 3.5 Coyote rainbow lure pulled 50% of the fish, both lakers and kings, and Shoehorn Lemon Trout and orange one also. About 42-44 fow.

Now... It's a sincere question - is there a special etiquette at Jordan's marina I should be aware about? I got screamed at and called names with a bunch of different variations of F-words (nouns, pronouns, verbs, and even adjectives), really nasty... Apparently some guy screamed at me for being out of line (there were 2 boats launching on each ramp and I waited until one ramp became available, so there was basically no line up at all). Next, I also steered my boat about 3 feet away from that guy's boat as I taking off the dock, did so slowly/carefully, done this before, people did this before next to my boat, but there was so little space to maneuver, 3 ft back there was a dock, 4 ft forward was another boat, and there was no other way to get out... Anyhow, that guy was so nasty and mean and loud as if he did not have sex for months, so that made me want to ask if there was an etiquette I did not respect...

I hope everyone had a great day today. Cheers.

1589673001469.png

What kind of boat was this guy in??? Sounds like a guy I saw a week or so ago.. wish I had a go pro that day,, would have had a video on YouTube and would have had a couple million views by now...

A picture after lockdown worth a thousands of words... Jordan marina. Luhr Jensen rainbow cowbell with 3.5 Coyote rainbow lure pulled 50% of the fish, both lakers and kings, and Shoehorn Lemon Trout and orange one also. About 42-44 fow.

Now... It's a sincere question - is there a special etiquette at Jordan's marina I should be aware about? I got screamed at and called names with a bunch of different variations of F-words (nouns, pronouns, verbs, and even adjectives), really nasty... Apparently some guy screamed at me for being out of line (there were 2 boats launching on each ramp and I waited until one ramp became available, so there was basically no line up at all). Next, I also steered my boat about 3 feet away from that guy's boat as I taking off the dock, did so slowly/carefully, done this before, people did this before next to my boat, but there was so little space to maneuver, 3 ft back there was a dock, 4 ft forward was another boat, and there was no other way to get out... Anyhow, that guy was so nasty and mean and loud as if he did not have sex for months, so that made me wondering...

I hope everyone had a great day today. Cheers.

View attachment 23117
Nice fish Vlad wtg
As for the encounter you had sorry to hear that , I dont know what you mean etiquette as normal or with this social distancing
Now this is me and in no way I'm telling anyone what to do
I would wait till the boats clear the docks before putting my boat in off the trailer
I would ask whoever is coming after me to do the same
That's scenario if only one dock
If there is two docks the side by side I dont see anything wrong with it as most places there is more than 12 feet room in beatween
I never had issues at the ramps in the past
I shall see next time out if its stays the same
Hey them shoehorns eh lol

I believe he was in black boat 17-18ft, wearing hunting clothes, not 100% sure of the boat brand, most likely Lund...

@Ticker thank you. Oh yes, long live Luhr Jensen :) !!! Well I meant that MAY BE there is some sort of rules should be followed not related to the quarantine? More like "gentleman's club" rules or otherwise. If there was, I would like to know... Last year someone at Hoovers, a Lund with a beautiful Honda engine steered 1 ft past me to get to the other ramp and I had told this gentleman "kudos". I don't see nothing wrong with that if people do it carefully and not damage anything.

@Ticker thank you. Oh yes, long live Luhr Jensen :) !!! Well I meant that MAY BE there is some sort of rules should be followed not related to the quarantine? More like "gentleman's club" rules or otherwise. If there was, I would like to know... Last year someone at Hoovers, a Lund with a beautiful Honda engine steered 1 ft past me to get to the other ramp and I had told this gentleman "kudos". I don't see nothing wrong with that if people do it carefully and not damage anything.
So his beef was that you cleared him by 3 feet ?
Hmmm. I would not have a problem with anyone doing that to me . I guess he never been in a bass tournament where 100 boats gather around the official in tight quarters just before take off

Not just that, his beef was even before I got close to be 3ft away as he saw me steering away from the dock in a circle-like path and approaching his boat. So as he saw me approaching, even before I was 3ft away, it was more like "if you f***er damage my ... I will f*** you up" something like that. It was so sudden out of nowhere and so loud it did not occur to me to switch from Canadian Vlad to Russian Vlad :D Sorry I don't mean this thread to last long, I was just a little surprised. I just thought if I did something wrong, I would want to know what this is...

Some people are just nuts.... and if you said he was in a new black 1850 fishhawk and the guy was in his late 20s or so with his father.. I would have busted a gut laughing..

Sadly there are people like what you describe. Hope the rest of your day was enjoyable.

I honestly do not remember @Chipper1 . I looked at the google images of 1850 fishhawk, and it is POSSIBLE but still not 100% sure that this is the guy. My partner in the boat is a big tall gentleman who does not speak English very well but after I did some translation, he got a little furious. Next time I meet this guy and he does something like that, I will not leave it unaddressed. The rest of the day was absolutely fabulous.

What a piece of work. Wife and went outta forans on the water in the dark at 5:15am. 3 boats launching ahead of me and no line up behind us . Went 8/13. One king the rest lakers . Flasher flys did most amount damage!
Somehow Clasp came undone on a small fish and donated 35$ worth to tackle to lake! By 9am midges got thick so we pulled the plug. Parking lot was full when when we got back to the ramp. Wasn’t gonna fish but I’m glad we did ! Wasn’t the shit show I expected

Attachments

• C956F8DD-919C-4B8D-9A5B-36D895909D34.jpeg
    C956F8DD-919C-4B8D-9A5B-36D895909D34.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
  • 86ABFD6D-A1C5-4C63-A20E-F3F252351D2B.jpeg
    86ABFD6D-A1C5-4C63-A20E-F3F252351D2B.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
  • E6D95BB8-62ED-4049-A9C1-CD22DBB2A9B0.png
    E6D95BB8-62ED-4049-A9C1-CD22DBB2A9B0.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
There in every lake just laugh it off and injoy your fishing he well have his day when someone as nuts as he is comes after him lol and there outthere nice fish

Was in Jordan yesterday also and went 6/7 all kings in 40' of water and all on spoons.

It was a beautiful day until the flies came out in full force! Now I know what my white boat would
look like if it was painted black!

Had to be a Lund....Lund owners can be like that...reminds me of an old joke:

Q...How do you tell the difference between a Lund and porcupine?

A. Porcupines have the pricks on the outside.

?JK of course, not all Lund owners are like that.

That's a good one ?
I'm going to use it as long as it's not copyrighted

Were their trailers lined up at the top of the hill waiting for the guys launching to come up to park? I know Jordan well and that's the only reason I can think of from what you say.

Was in Jordan yesterday also and went 6/7 all kings in 40' of water and all on spoons.

It was a beautiful day until the flies came out in full force! Now I know what my white boat would
look like if it was painted black!
Nice! Oh yes, I did not mention billions of flies yesterday. It was a nightmare. Is your boat the one who was trolling from and to the shore? If yes, we were not too far from you :)

@G.Mech, @Red Hering, the poster boy for Lund, may take exception to this generalization. You might earn a double-thumbs down for posting this, even in jest!

@G.Mech, @Red Hering, the poster boy for Lund, may take exception to this generalization. You might earn a double-thumbs down for posting this, even in jest!
So be it. These are unprecedented times and we're in uncharted waters. We're all in this together and feelings need to be set aside for the benefit of all. Wear your mask but it really won't help. 2m separation is good but 6 feet will get you arrested apparently. Go fishing but be sure to stay home. I'm tapped out....at least allow me to piss off a lund owner or two. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mine was the Rinker 250 was in 40' mostly and went into deeper water later in the morning to get away from the flies.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks