Lake O tips for tomorrow ??

fireram

Don't really have time to make the drive to Burwell tomorrow, gonna take a chance on the wind forecast and head to Fifty Point in the AM.

Wondering if anyone has been out there lately, and can point me in direction to go,, Depth,, bait,, ?
Not many reports from there lately.
I don't have riggers, just dipsy's

Thanks muchly

South side sounds like its been slower. If you just wanna put fish in the boat I'd head east towards Weller with baits near bottom in 110'-180'....thats a long ways back with dipseys tho! Prevailing northerly winds the last week have likely stacked the warmer water on the south shore. North shore would be a far better if thats an option for you..

Josh

North shore has been very poor in the last few days though worth trying 60-80 fow. We had 2/3 yesterday evening LFP, the water temperature was 42F only 50ft down at 115 fow and there were only a few fish marks. I was thinking we will see icebergs floating, 41.2F 60ft down in some places. Go to Grimsby / Jordan shore, and try 100-200 fow. I heard it is better fishing than the north shore... which can change in 24 hours...

My info was based on a guide freind only taking one chinny on the south shore the last 2 days. Haven't been down there personally.....assumed the cooling water on the north shore would prove a little more productive as far as Chinook go. Worst case, look for a break and some 60ish water temps out deeper to ding some Bows and Ho's....good luck!

Josh

Thanks very much,, looks like the wind blew north / north east all night, and gonna be an east blow all day. Im not an Ontario expert, but looks like the waves will be more than the forcast .3M.
Given the lack of enthusiasm,, lol,, I think I need to re think todays plan,, the east wind is blowing in my front window already..
Thanks again..

Looks like slow rollers to me.....I wouldn't be intimidated by the forecast. Should be no problem fishing lake O IMO....

Josh

If travelling isn’t an issue I’d go further East..Bluffers or even further Whitby etc and give it a go. I’ve heard that those areas have been fishing better and look at the Silver Salmon Challenge at the leader board and see where most of the fish being weighed in are coming from.

Attachments

• F8E3E68F-9904-41C9-BABF-39CAC4614E17.png
    F8E3E68F-9904-41C9-BABF-39CAC4614E17.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Thanks again gents.

as it happens. My partner canceled her app. today, or rather is doing her meeting via FaceTime. and we headed to point pelee.
Gonna hang out here for the morning and try a port on our way home for the afternoon.
maybe Wheatley. Rondeau, or Glasgow.
Long way to tow the boat. But what the heck. Beautiful morning today.

Thanks again gents.

as it happens. My partner canceled her app. today, or rather is doing her meeting via FaceTime. and we headed to point pelee.
Gonna hang out here for the morning and try a port on our way home for the afternoon.
maybe Wheatley. Rondeau, or Glasgow.
Long way to tow the boat. But what the heck. Beautiful morning today.
You saved yourself some time and effort!

fished Bronte yesterday morning. Bronte has been CRAP this year in morning and day. The only time I would recommend Lake O west of Toronto is in the evening..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks