Lake O info share

Well plans have changed.. so I am going fishing instead I will be out on lady O. Fishing solo will have my radio on or send me a pm and I will give my cell number to you guys .. see how the day brings .. good luck

Just wondering how the sea fleas have been or any...All my reels are loaded up with braid and they seem to stick like glue with that line. I'm thinking on trying the north shore bronte area on Saturday ?
I have seen a small chunk of fleas (or at least I think these are fleas) on my rod's mono Wed evening.

Awesome team work today. Peddle jumper text and said he caught fish on wire 210 with meat. I was using meat at 245. Raised it and caught a fish. 9 of 12 today. 3 kings rest was rainbows and cohos. Most fish was in the late morning in 140 to 115 fow. 4 fish in the early morning. Great was after 11am. Went home at 1PM.

Attachments

• Resized_20200613_121225.jpeg
    Resized_20200613_121225.jpeg
    839.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Resized_20200613_115047.jpeg
    Resized_20200613_115047.jpeg
    871.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200613_120454.jpg
    20200613_120454.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200613_114632.jpg
    20200613_114632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Fantastic ....launched at 6 ....had action shortly after getting 4 rods in......slowed down late morning and turned into a lite bites....hits ...then gone by time got to rod

Ended day 9 /14

3or 4 rainbows 4-6lb a bunch of 1 - 2 lb chinook
And one decent one probably 14 or 15 lb ....all fish were quick releases
What area were you guys in. Going out tomorrow. Thanks for the report

Any where between lift bridge and bronte will produce. Trick is finding them. We only caught 4 out of 6 by 10:30. Decided to troll back because the wind picked up. That was when the action heated up. Lots of water to cover. Kings were inside 150 fow and bows and cohos out as deep as 220. I fished 60-80ft. down with cheater lines. 7-10 colour lead core and wire dispy#1 on setting 3 out 210-245ft. We caught fish on all set ups today. Again nothing the first 2 hours. Fun day today. Little bumpy from the wind in the morning. Tomorrow will be flat for you. Most fish caught when we made sharp turns. Good luck.

What area were you guys in. Going out tomorrow. Thanks for the report
We spent most of morning in front of Bronte and just past shell pier ...big brown apartment building

We caught allot of shakers in 110 - 130 fow
But caught fish from 110 - 170
Marked most fish and baitballs in 145 range
50 & 70 down caught most early on

Missed a couple and 1 small on 90 down late morning

Trolling in ....we marked allot ....allot ...allot
Of bait from 85 all way into 50 ....thick

Never caught anything though

No problem ...how did you do..and photos or is there a post to come ?
We spent most of morning in front of Bronte and just past shell pier ...big brown apartment building

We caught allot of shakers in 110 - 130 fow
But caught fish from 110 - 170
Marked most fish and baitballs in 145 range
50 & 70 down caught most early on

Missed a couple and 1 small on 90 down late morning

Trolling in ....we marked allot ....allot ...allot
Of bait from 85 all way into 50 ....thick

Never caught anything though
those bait balls omg. We didn’t get anything on way in either. But great day on lake O. Thanks again.

Gonna throw my opinion in here......you can throw water depth out the window when searching Lake O for Kings/Ho's/Bows. I don't fish it much anymore besides fall stagers but this time of year (actually all year) it's all about temps. Its not a guessing game. A temp probe is a valuable as a fishfinder on Lake O. Keep in mind the last few days of weather and where the surface water is being pushed to and where cooler water is up welling. It's a daily game on Lake O to stay on fish but understanding preffered temps and water currents is a must. Anyone can luck into fisb but staying on them consistently requires attention, experience and intuition. Think like a fish ;) this article is a good, generalized start that very much applies to Lake O IMO.

JJosh

Gonna throw my opinion in here......you can throw water depth out the window when searching Lake O for Kings/Ho's/Bows. I don't fish it much anymore besides fall stagers but this time of year (actually all year) it's all about temps. Its not a guessing game. A temp probe is a valuable as a fishfinder on Lake O. Keep in mind the last few days of weather and where the surface water is being pushed to and where cooler water is up welling. It's a daily game on Lake O to stay on fish but understanding preffered temps and water currents is a must. Anyone can luck into fisb but staying on them consistently requires attention, experience and intuition. Think like a fish ;) this article is a good, generalized start that very much applies to Lake O IMO.

JJosh

sorry, my junior question, how do you find water temperature underneath ? my FF probable is too basic, garmin 5cv. which can only tell the water surface temperature.

I was trolling between 80' and 100' fow. out of port credit before wind changed direction and no luck.

I was out yesterday as well went 5/6 from .5 to 15lbs .. fished solo so only 2 rods rigger and dipsy.. both rods were working had a double with shakers. Dipsy 125 on 3 with blue skinny jeans that got the 15lber on the rigger was green skinny jeans and wonder bread green skinny jeans took the next biggest at 5lbs.. rigger was set at 60 with the cheater.. trolled to 150 and back going into the waves speed at the ball was hard to keep at 2.5 most times. Would creep up to 3.7 played with throttle to keep her below 3.. temp at ball 46.7 to 48.4 .. turned ran with waves speed kept at 2.4 at ball
On water at 6 off at 10:30 and that was from fisherman’s pier

sorry, my junior question, how do you find water temperature underneath ? my FF probable is too basic, garmin 5cv. which can only tell the water surface temperature.

I was trolling between 80' and 100' fow. out of port credit before wind changed direction and no luck.
You would need a temp probe .. I run the fishhawk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks