Lake Huron opportunities?

Arawak

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on fishing Lake Huron. Port Franks is closest for me (north London) but Sarnia and Goderich are also do-able. I have lead core and dipseys, and would be interested in trying for, well, anything really. I'm just not sure where and what to fish for at this time of year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Absolutely you can fish with those , if you have a depth finder or fish finder I would start straight from mouth on Port Franks , to about 50’- 90’ lead core should catch coho and bows , some pickerel off the planner boards . With your dipseys run them back 140’back or experiment, blues greens whites black , bloody nose , etc

I have a cottage in Point Clark, just north of Goderich, and I have just got into trolling for walleye on Erie last summer. Does anyone have any experience out of Pt.Clark or Kincardine? Any tips would be helpful !

Thanks in advance,
LH

@Lunkerhunter Kincardine use to be one of my favourite areas for Spring Trolling for Kings. We would run up to Bruce Power and troll the outflow in front of the Plant which was a magnet for Kings and Browns. That swirling current from the outflow ran out in the Lake for about 2 miles. There use to be 2 free great launching facilities at Kincardine but since the collapse of the Salmon fishery in Lake Huron I have not been back for years and maybe there's been a change.

If you want to see what's happening to the fishery since the collapse and before, check out Dwindle's Dream Fishing Charters Catch Report which they have kept since 1999.

Last 3 Trips:
Sunday 09 June AM: 20 For 27 = 1 Coho Salmon & 19 Lake Trout
Largest Trout: 20 LBS

Saturday 08 June AM: 10 For 14 = All Lake Trout. A little slower today.

Friday 07 June AM: 17 For 23 = All Lake Trout. Fun Morning!

Repairs under way on boat launch access at Kincardine Harbour

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on fishing Lake Huron. Port Franks is closest for me (north London) but Sarnia and Goderich are also do-able. I have lead core and dipseys, and would be interested in trying for, well, anything really. I'm just not sure where and what to fish for at this time of year. Any advice would be appreciated.
A great post by @floatin rig @Arawak on where and what to fish for this time of year,as you were inquiring about.Basically what I would have posted,(minus the lure that I would use-lol :ROFLMAO: ;)),just kidding,and here are photo’s of some of the lure’s that I would use,by using lead core,and also by using my downrigger with a cheater lure as well,or even flatlining deep diving body baits such as bombers,etc.I haven’t tried the ripplin red fins off Port Franks yet,(I forgot them on my last trip),back on May 31/19,when I was targeting salmon and trout,and I ended up catching a walleye,(bonus),that day.Tight lines to you this saturday!! ? ???:)

Attachments

• 43D7ECD6-B548-402E-AE19-6A966F5BF8F4.jpeg
    43D7ECD6-B548-402E-AE19-6A966F5BF8F4.jpeg
    607.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 6C860AEF-932C-431A-A470-A0B983BBF2F8.jpeg
    6C860AEF-932C-431A-A470-A0B983BBF2F8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • A53F6B64-4E8E-4734-BFB0-1C67E20604AF.jpeg
    A53F6B64-4E8E-4734-BFB0-1C67E20604AF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • BC428276-6DCD-487F-AE9B-03D6DD17CE8C.jpeg
    BC428276-6DCD-487F-AE9B-03D6DD17CE8C.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 33
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks