Fishing Report Lake Huron Coho Smackdown

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
14/24 if I got my numbers right - 11 cohos, 1 rainbow, and a bonus of 2 pickerel of about 3lb each.

All fish caught in approximately 55-65 fow, 30-35 ft down area by trolling parallel to the shoreline between Grand Bend and Port Franks back and forth.

That is, the hottest rods were 7-color leadcore, 150 and 200 WS, with exception of rainbow hitting 100 WS.

Water temp was 60-66 on the surface and 50-56 down where the bites were. Speed was kept within the range 2.0-2.8 at the ball on and off.

This time I skipped SWR and instead mixed in more of a Lake O stuff by having small Luhr Jensen dodgers and NASCAR spoons behind them, had 2/4 on these.

In total, 4 fish off GLS Pink Panties, 5 fish from Luhr Jensen Shoehorn (Dodgeman and Bloody nose; Ticker!) size 3, and 2 more from NASCAR. The rainbow off Moonshine orange with stripes. That rainbow is a VOW !!! The meat is so red, it's more red than the Soviet Union flag. I can't wait to taste it cold-smoked!

Now I just have to figure out why there are so many fish losses on Lake Huron......

1623298784247.png1623298814793.png1623298849388.png

Last edited:
14/24 if I got my numbers right - 11 cohos, 1 rainbow, and a bonus of 2 pickerel of about 3lb each.

All fish caught in approximately 55-65 fow, 30-35 ft down area by trolling parallel to the shoreline between Grand Bend and Port Franks back and forth.

That is, the hottest rods were 7-color leadcore, 150 and 200 WS, with exception of rainbow hitting 100 WS.

Water temp was 60-66 on the surface and 50-56 down where the bits were. Speed was kept within the range 2.0-2.8 at the ball on and off.

This time I skipped SWR and instead mixed in more of a Lake O stuff by having small Luhr Jensen dodgers and NASCAR spoons behind them, had 2/4 on these.

In total, 4 fish off GLS Pink Panties, 5 fish from Luhr Jensen Shoehorn (Dodgeman and Bloody nose; Ticker!) size 3, and 2 more from NASCAR. The rainbow off Moonshine orange with stripes. That rainbow is a VOW !!! The meat is so red, it's more red than the Soviet Union flag. I can't wait to taste it cold-smoked!

Now I just have to figure out why there are so many fish losses on Lake Huron......

View attachment 42922View attachment 42923View attachment 42924
Wow that’s fantastic fishing for Huron. Love the early morning pictures as well. Good job

Water temp was 60-66 on the surface and 50-56 down where the bits were. Speed was kept within the range 2.0-2.8 at the ball on and off.

Love reading great reports like this. Well done.

Well done sir!
I need to get out on Lake Huron!

That's spectacular fishing for Lake Huron.... ah well actually anywhere for that matter. (y) You didn't use Katyusha rockets did you? :LOL: Well done, great report @vmuravin and photos! :love:
Hmmmm... now that you mentioned this, I am thinking of using Katyushas on Lake O and E on some boaters that do not give as shit about cutting my lines in the back. Man, that's the start-up idea! ;)

We were there today trolling between Port Franks and Kettle Point and went ZERO for ZERO over 10 hours today. Used riggers with a variety as well as dipsey with spin doctors and action flies. Guess you hammered all the fish on us??

Some good eats forsure... Can't beat coho on the Q...

SWR... 2 color off rigger... ;) but 3 works too...

Where do you launch from? Will Grand Bend be a better option if wife comes alone so she can enjoy the beach while we are fishing? :cool:

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I think so @icefisherman . Good strategy to leave your wife at the beach while you go fishing! I launched from Grand Bend marina 3 times, an excellent floating dock with 4 ramps and I really like it. Best of all, the pay machine is not functional, so you save $25 every boat launch ☝️ :)

Water temp was 60-66 on the surface and 50-56 down where the bites were. Speed was kept within the range 2.0-2.8 at the ball on and off.

Well done, great pics too!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks